D3 Female - Ki Jepto - Task 3 [ScarlettDragone]

She was there, right in front of me. I could kill her now and I could feel justice in my heart. I can't believe how she could be so painfully foolish. I could kill her now, but, could this all be a trap?

After the first trial of the games, the peacekeepers escorted me here. Away from the others, separated, in a plain, boring room. As I walked in, I was handed a knife. From that moment I knew it was a test.

However, I was glad for this weapon. For the previous trial I had went through, I was defenseless. At least now I had something. Gripping the knife gave me strength, almost like an amplifier for the little, burning flame of hope in my chest.

In the centre of a room was a large dining table, food set upon it. To me it was like a dream. The amount of food right before my eyes was once impossible for my world. A picture of Jack also sat on the table, framed with the purest glass and gold. The photographed eyes of my love stared blankly into my eyes and I shivered.

Was it there to provoke me? Well, if that was their purpose, they were fools. I will not allow myself to be tied down by the past. In the past few days, I learnt that Jack would not want it to be that way. Beautiful memories of our short time together will be cherished, not grieved over.

That was when the essence of all carnage entered the room. She swept in with such grace, such composure, yet her eyes radiated with blood thirst and the need to toy with someone.

I had seen these eyes once before. My own eyes, when Eno possessed me. Rage, anger, and the root of all evil reflected of my eyes that time. It was such a shock that I became emotionally frozen for months.

Occisora sat down in front of me, motioning for me to take a seat. I accepted the offer, keeping a poker face. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't see what she was trying to get out of this...

The woman sat up straight, as a proper lady would. I had been taught manners like that too, so I positioned myself with grace and etiquette. Graciously, she poured the tea from the teapot into a china tea cup. Occisora did it in such an entertaining way. Almost as if this was all a show.

Handing me over the cup of tea, she picked up Jack's photo and stroked it, watching my reaction. I gave her none. She replaced the photo and placed her elbows on the table, clasping her hands and resting her chin on them.

On the other hand, I straightened my back even more and left the tea untouched. Green eyes pierced mine, but still, I would not let my poker face mask slip.

"Miss Jepto," Occisora smiled, "I have not paced your tea with poison. Will you not take a sip?"

Pretending to relax, I slowly stretched my lips into a smile. She was right. Occisora would not poison me now. She loved toying with us and would not want to kills us off unnecessarily. Just by reading the air, I could tell she would rather mainipulate us in the games.

Taking my hand out of my lap, I raised the cup to my lips and let the warm liquid seep down my throat, meanwhile keeping my composure in check. I carefully placed the cup back onto the table, using my pinkie as a cushion to cover the 'clink'.

"Such a mature girl for one of your age," Occisora sighed, reaching out to my face.

I resisted wincing as she stroked my cheek softly, as I imagined a mother would. Drawing her arm back, she shot me a devilish smile.

"Why not take any refreshments, my dear?" she questioned, her lips plastering into a terrifying smile, "Coffee, biscuits, cake?"

She was enjoying this. Enjoying my act of hiding and pretending. I could see she was determined to break it.