D3 Male - Jay Calder - Task 2 [Immortal-Lies‏]

One thing is that you cannot really trust anyone in these games... Most people want to kill you anyway, though you look at the helpless young kids who get picked from the bowl. Those are usually the ones to die first or people who usually do not know how to do anything like making a fire or climbing trees.

I can feel these HungerGames are going to be really different compared to the last couple of years, one year they had a desert and another they had a rainforest type theme. I have been thinking about this lately, trying to figure out what this year is going to be about.

"Jaaaayy" Adela snaps her fingers in front of my face, making me forget about what I was just thinking about "Lets go somewhere!".

"Adela I have told you this a million times. We cannot go out right now" I saw frowning at her.

"Whhhyyy? The lady just finished her speech and everyone else is just eating." She says with puppy dog eyes.

I look over to Ki who seems pretty lonely and does not seem to be making talk with the other tributes. She gives me a slight smile once she sees me looking at her, she continues eating her dinner and eats every last bit of it. It seems I have been staring a bit too long at her because Adela is almost about to push me off the chair.

"Jaaaayy. Pllleeeaaaassee" She continues to whine. I look down to the locket around my neck and sigh. I have to make the time I have got with her good, Otherwise she will have this with her forever.

"Ok Adela. Only for five minutes though." I say sternly not wanting her to see my hurt that I am holding in.

"Yes!!" Adela cheers jumping around her seat. I slowly get up from my chair and feel Adela pulling me towards the balcony, I smile at her and then comes the large tug

We step outside into the warm air of the capitol, I look along the buildings and people of the Capitol and see only glimpses of the world beyond. Oh I wish I could go home, to the technology and to the people I know and love.

"Jay" Adela says looking up at me with sad eyes "What's wrong?".

"Don't worry about me Adela. I will get through this..." I look up and see no stars, only the glow of the city making me feel sorry for myself "I hope" I mumble.

"What was that Jay?" Adela asks curiously.

"Oh nothing" I say without any conclusion.

"Please tell me. I'm old enough to know what you are thinking about the games, I know that people die and I also know that its a one in twenty-four chance of surviving." I smirk at this, she has always been the mathematician of the family. Kind of like dad... I can't hold it in anymore... the pain that his death caused me... oh the pain...

I collapse onto my knees and start crying into my hands making my expensive suit wrinkle, the tears slide down my hands and onto my pants. Adela stands shocked, she has never seen me like this. Never.

"Jay. Come on. You will get through this. You will." Adela whispers to me while kneeling next to me.

"Never." I say still sobbing "You and I both know I won't survive this. Please don't say I will because  I won't...". 

I sat sobbing on the balcony for a while with Adela who had tried her hardest to comfort me in my moment of distress.

===================================

I had made a complete fool of myself. I think people probably thinking I was weak for crying in front of almost all the tributes, they would not want to team up with me, this is probably why I am not going to survive in the games... I have no particular skills; only wielding a sword and playing with technology I suppose.