D4 Female - Amabel Trython - Task 6 [AwesoMEbeing_]

I clung to my sides, desperate to extinguish that hollow feeling inside me as the scene around me slowly vaporized, leaving me staring into the dark.

It wasn't long until my eyes adjusted, and I realized that I was in the room I entered earlier after crossing the ravine. The room was mostly empty, except for a table on the corner. I walked towards it, not because of curiosity, but because of having no other choice left. I didn't want to spend the whole time staring at nothing, dwelling on the fact that going back to Myrtle was next to impossible.

As I ran my fingers over the box, I felt some bumps. I took a closer look and realized that something was engraved on it.

"Trust is such...a fragile thing?" I breathed out as I read the words engraved.

I shuddered as I felt the air go eerie. I didn't know why, but the words brought a creepy feeling to me. I didn't know what exactly that was supposed to mean.

I decided to open the box, taking my time for as long as I can. When I took the lid off, I didn't know how I should react. Inside the box were shards of glass. I didn't know whatever it meant. There weren't any other words or phrases or such on the box, so I was left clueless.

I sighed, put down the box once again, and decided to look around the room. I'll get it out of my mind for a while.

Across from me was a large picture that took up most of the wall, which, surprisingly, I didn't notice earlier. Besides, it was hidden in the shadows. The only source of light in the room was the small light bulb in the center of the ceiling. And it seemed like it was ready to go off at any moment.

I looked at the picture and tried to make out what was on it. From afar, I could make out a silhouette of a woman. And she was holding something, though I couldn't make out what.

I walked closer. And the closer I got to the picture, the more I got terrified. Up close, the silhouette looked real, as if there was actually a woman hanging—or maybe stuck—on the picture.

Thanks to the faint light coming from the bulb, I realized that it was just a marionette. It was a marionette of Occisora. The thing that she was holding was another puppet. It actually looked like...me?

On the bottom of the large picture frame was a label, with "Puppet Master" on it. I shuddered again. Something about this room creeped me out. I tried to take the puppet off of her hand, but I think it was glued.

I slowly backed away from the marionette, noticing that I passed another table to the left of me. Seeing that I didn't have anything else to do in this room, (I couldn't escape since the door suddenly—surprisingly—disappeared) I took a look on what was on it.

In the center of the table was a small picture. I picked it up and examined it.

It was a picture of the feast, just before the Games. There was the long glass table, and, at the head of the table, was Occisora, quietly observing the tributes across from her. She actually looked younger in her pink gown.

I set the picture down and noticed a small envelope on the table. I wonder what was inside? A note from Occisora, perhaps? Or something from my sponsors? If there were even any.