D12 Female - Seaver Parish [AnonymousRice4]

Name: Seaver Parish

Age: 15

Gender: female

District: 12, coal.

Reaped or Volunteered?: Reaped. The ceremony had gone as planned; children cried, mothers whined, escorts flocked to the stage with less than eagerly anticipated news, nothing seemed even slightly out of the ordinary for Seaver. Until her name was called; to say she was shocked would be an understatement. Some part of her had trained her whole life for this moment; some ounce of her being had told her one day this might happen. And yet, she was still caught off guard. Taking a short, deep breath, she carried herself to the stage with an air of resilience; she swore to her district, no matter what the Capitol threw at her, she was determined not to let it rattle her courage.

Appearance: waist-length, naturally curly golden hair; watery eyes which resemble the ocean, contrary to the popular District Twelve Seam-grey eyes; pale and usually dirt-ridden face; dry lips; high cheekbones; long legs; built up arm strength, for lifting; starved thin; 5'4"; overall, despite the fact that she remains slim to the bone, she's very tough looking.

Personality; strong willed; independent; brave; arrogant to some extent; introverted; a strong disdain for humanity, and all things feminine; impatient; emotionally sound; often too narrow minded.

Does your character work well in groups/teams?: While her personality states that she is independent, and this would make it seem as though she wouldn't do well in a group setting, this is false. Secretly all Seaver seeks is approval. She wants to be accepted by the majority of those her age but too often ends up pushing away those who ever could care about her. As a result, she might opt to be in that group environment, but under the pretense that she rather hates it, and shields her vulnerable side with such notions as wanting to survive on her own.

Is your character trusting?: Absolutely not. While she does seek friendship secretly, she's not very trusting at all.

Weapon of choice: she prefers her wit above all else, however for the games, she's decided she's good with knives. Lots of knives.

Strengths: bravery, able to survive the elements quite well, physical strength, wit.

Weaknesses: arrogance, fear of the dark, fatigue after a long day of strenuous activity, gives certain things too much thought if the problem she's trying to solve is a big one, value of friendship once it is earned.

Friends and Family: Seaver lives with her grandmother on account of her family abandoning her. Her father was swept away to the Capitol with the promise of a new job, after he never returned her mother ran off with the town drunk and took her little brother away to live in the Wilds of Panem, just outside the fences of the farthest districts. She cares for her only remaining relative as if she were her own mother, after all, she views her real one as a lying whore.

As for friends, Seaver's not much of a social butterfly. She puts herself through school and works hard most of the time, leaving little of it for socializing. However, she does have two friends whom she constantly thinks about: their names are Djaq (pronounced 'Jack') and Rarity. She met them at the Hob, where all of them work part-time.

Person of most Importance: Djaq. He's been around the Hob and the district ever since Seaver can remember. While they just met recently, (two years ago) they quickly became the best of friends, and have been inseparable since. Djaq is like the big brother protector Seaver never had. He's one to confide in and trust with everything she has. If that trust was ever compromised, Seaver's life would have to end.

Token: gold chain with a butterfly pendent, in which are three pink diamonds, fake of course, but they hold meaning to both Seaver and Djaq.

Occisora: "I see potential in you. I would like to see how you hold up in the arena but I really do hope you get the chance to show me what you can do."