6'

𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

I stood outside of my house, staring forward into nothingness. My eyes scanned the area as I found myself searching for...Azriel.

After he saw me kiss Chris...that expression he had after such a thing intrigued me. Why did he look like that?

That was only two days ago, and I haven't tried to get in contact with Azriel. If I'm being honest I hoped he'd come to me. I didn't want to look like I was...feeling regretful. I already apologized to him and I hate apologizing to people as it is.

Even though I waited for two days, I can't wait anymore. I don't know why...I am so desirous of such a thing - him.

That's when I form my lips into being able to whistle. I think of the time a little bit and it's been a week since he's told me that tune.

I start to whistle the tune that sounded slightly familiar, but barely. My whistle was horrible as some parts were faded and I didn't really remember it. By the time I whistled what I could I was angry.

What am I doing?

Turning back to the cabin, I head along the trail to get closer. Only for me to stop as I hear a peculiar sound. The sound of...a dog!

I found myself chuckling, rushing around my house to the smell. For werewolves we can understand dogs language. So when they bark, growl, whimper - any of those normal dog behaviors - we understand.

When I was a child...dogs were the first animals to help me out. It may seem weird, but not that much because I could turn into a wolf pup. They're the only ones where I find my child-self come out.

By the time I find the dog I freeze in my tracks.

I saw Azriel playing with the dog. His hands caressing the top of its head and he grinned softly.

Now I didn't know what to...say as I stood here. When the dog looks at me I see her eyes widen.

"Isn't a pretty vampire?" She barks in my direction, and Azriel looks at me. When the both of us make eye contact I see him look away first.

"I heard you whistle the tune I told you to do... It was a little flat, but I understood." Azriel smiles brightly, ruffling the dogs fur. "What a cute doggy I found, isn't she?"

"Yes, she's a wanderer. A lot of dogs around here are seen like werewolves too. We let them roam about and do what they please... So any dog you believe you found, was never lost, just freed." I state to him calmly, and Azriel's expression became so fascinated.

"That's quite sweet of your kind. You don't call...then strays, but they are wanderers... That is so lovely." Azriel smiles at the dog, standing up as she runs off. Now it was just the two of us.

I see him watch her run off and he looked so amazed by what I just told him. It was...kind of adorable to see.

Azriel looks at me shyly, and I see his cheeks turn pink.

"'Adorable'?" Azriel repeats shyly aloud. I sigh in slight embarrassment because I need to remember the six foot radius thing.

I step back from him, seeing his eyes become saddened.

"I told Chris...that a vampire healed me. He is still skeptical, but there's someone who I can work with." I tell him quite proudly. Azriel just smiles at me and doesn't give me much of a reaction.