2'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

My arms were folded tightly to my chest as I stare down at Amren. Found him sleeping on my bed as if he had some kind of ownership over it. The way he had my blanket wrapped around his body tightly and completely disregarded the fact that he was sleeping in on my bed - with my blanket.

I grab ahold of the blanket, yanking it from his body. Saw Amren's eyes open instantly and he was sitting up quickly. He raised his eyebrow at me only to soon smile at me.

"You're back home?"

"Yes, my home? A place I don't have a choice but to come back to, yeah. Why are you making yourself so comfortable in a place where I could easily kill you?" I question him with a raised eyebrow.

Amren just smiles at me, not even taking me seriously as he takes the blanket back from me. He wraps it around his body again and he walks to the window. I watch him close the blinds, drawing the curtains at the same time. He now faces me again only to start rushing all over the house with his vampire speed. Had me slightly disgusted by such a power and by the time I walked to the kitchen he was standing beside me.

I saw that all the blinds were closed as were the curtains. Of course he did such a thing as I go in the fridge to get something to eat. This whole ritual my pack does is tiring and it makes me hungry.

"You're hungry?" Amren rushes beside me, and I see the blanket still tightly wrapped around him.

"Yeah, it has nothing to do with you. Besides, I either catch or kill my dinner on sight. These are leftovers from a kill." I state as I pull out some meat that was wrapped up.

I see Amren stare at it oddly as if it was foreign. Only until I fully unwrapped it did he step back in disgust.

"You...don't buy your food?" He asks me nervously, and I snort at that.

"I live in the forest. Why would I do that when I could get my food for free?" I state obviously because this was very efficient for me. When I look at Amren his expression told me that he found my methods of obtaining food gruesome.

However...his are far worse. He's a vampire who sucks blood from the living or the dead. I think that's much more worse than what I'm doing if you ask me.

"Aren't you sad when you kill the animals?" He asks me sadly, and I just look at him as if he was stupid.

"You're a vampire, right?" I growl at him. When I see him nod I look back down at my meat. "Then you have no right to judge me. You vampires drain the blood from your victims until they are bloodless. All for your selfish desire to survive and take what isn't yours. Am I wrong?"

I see Amren bite his lip, stepping back one step as he looks at the meat. He didn't deny what I said so that's how I know I'm right.

"Most...normal vampires don't just steal blood when they choose. There's a time and place, and we have our own way of getting our blood. We don't just steal it from every wandering person we see. That's a stereotype...quite a horrible one at that." Amren tells me as I see him come closer beside me.

I start to put seasoning on the meat and he suddenly sneezes.

"That was a great start!" Amren grabs onto my arm, and I look down at him in disgust as he smiles up at me. "Tell me all of what you believe vampires are. Tell me as a whole what others believe of us. If you do that...maybe we can reach a common ground here."

That's when I look away from him, wondering how that will change anything. Him telling me these things won't mean anything to me. For all I know he could be lying.