17'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

I kept Azriel close to me as I walked him towards the castle. The eyes upon us were astounding, but it wasn't anything like how the vampires looked at me. They looked at not only him, but me as if we were scum of the earth.

I grab his hand, pulling him closer against my chest.

"Ignore them." I murmur to him, and I could tell he was uncomfortable. His hand nestled on his stomach I hoped no one caught on.

"It's hard...to do so. I can feel their eyes wanting me to be dead. It's not a nice feeling." He breathes nervously, and I wished there was a way to protect him from the looks.

I can handle it just fine, but he was uncomfortable.

My hand shaded his face from others view, so that he didn't have to look anywhere but ahead. Except there were still the bitches that glared.

That's when I pull off my jacket, covering his head with it. I wrap my arm around his waist and continued to hold his hand as I guided him forward.

"Is that better?" I ask him, lifting him up as we had to go up some steps.

"Somewhat. I can still...hear them though. It's okay though, I'm a big boy." He chuckles, causing me to smile as I face forward. Except the more we walked I saw Chris speaking with some friends.

I immediately guide Azriel around that, tried to at least. He noticed me almost immediately when I tried to go around him.

His hand grabbed my arm, stopping me before we could go. He glared at me first as his eyes went onto Azriel.

"You never once tried to get in contact with me." He folds his arms, and I scoff.

"Why would I ever do such a thing? You called me an 'orphaned bitch', you mean absolutely nothing to me now. We aren't friends in my opinion." I shrug calmly even though his face was becoming red.

I felt Azriel's hand tighten around mine and I knew he probably was upset to hear him. It made him upset to know that was even said to me...so sweet of him to even feel bad.

"Friends make mistakes sometimes, gosh. You broke my heart, so I think I have the right to say a few insults here and there-."

"That wasn't an insult. You were trying to hurt his feelings because yours were." Azriel interrupts him sharply, and I saw Chris glare at him. Out of nowhere he went forward to rip off the jacket, but I slapped his hand away.

He immediately looked at me with annoyance, folding his arms again. I don't know what else he could possibly want because I don't see him as a friend. Friends don't say that kind of shit to a friend.

"Oh? You really brought that vampire here? He's the reason why your downfall is coming into effect. He has your mind controlled, it's so obvious!" Chris's shouts at me, drawing more attention to us.

"Stop spouting nonsense. No one's mind is being controlled. I am doing everything by my own free will, no one has me controlled. Why are you being this way?" I growl at him, taking Azriel's hand and I pull him away from this.

Chris was still behind us making a lot of noise, and I see Azriel lift the jacket up a bit from his face. When he turns around abruptly I suddenly hear a body just drop to the ground... Chris suddenly being silent.

"Good one." I chuckle, seeing Azriel look at me and smile.

"I just...don't want him spreading rumors that are not the truth. I'm very appreciative that you covered my face. Because I can't hear people anymore that I can't see. It was silent... For that split second that I wasn't covered I heard everyone's hatred..." Azriel covers his face again, leaning into my arm. "It saddens me."