33'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

I stood before Reynolds, my eyes were bored of his dumb expression that he held. He looked a little nervous beyond the fact that he was on the werewolf side.

"I know what I heard...I'm not crazy, I heard it." He stammers, and I don't bother saying anything. Because he heard everything just fine, it's the complete and absolute truth. Doesn't get any better than that.

Azriel was asleep right now, and I wasn't going to wake him up so that he could see Reynolds ugly face.

"If you know what you heard I'm assuming that means you want to help now or...?" I raise my eyebrow at him as he doesn't say anything. "Or are you here to waste more time and piss me off-."

"No! I do want to help now...! I do..." Reynolds admits shakily, soon avoiding to look at me altogether. "I didn't know the extent of what happened. So...this isn't his first pregnancy?"

I shake my head, and he looks off sadly.

"I didn't know...the extent of his actions and why he went this far. If I had known I would've-."

"How would you have known?" I interrupt him, seeing Reynolds frown. "It's not like you would've listened anyway, and it wasn't anyone's business. It's something that we would prefer not to speak about, thank you very much."

My eyes move off of him and I turn around completely. I see Azriel making his way towards me with this very tired look within his eyes. Made me grin at how cute he looked as I went towards him.

"You could've stayed in bed." I tell him as I pick him up, his head leaning against my chest. "You're still tired."

"The baby woke me up. They knew you weren't there and had me look for you. Why are you down here?" Azriel asks very sleepily, and that's when I look at Reynolds.

His eyes were downcast and Azriel ends up looking over at him. When he sees him his eyes widen quickly, letting me know he was awake now.

"Why is he here?" Azriel mumbles to me.

"He wants to help us now." I tell him, and he looks at me with shock. When he looks over at Reynolds he ends up nodding too. That makes Azriel practically jump from my arms and suddenly he was before Reynolds.

He had a wary smile on his face, but he soon seemed to sum up the courage.

"You...you want to help us now?" Azriel questions him just to be sure for himself.

"Yes I do."

"How are you going to do that?" Azriel asks warily as he begins to cradle his stomach. He looked at him cautiously and I could tell he didn't trust him.

I understand why he would be considering all that has happened. I wouldn't be trusting of others either...I'm not easily trusting of people already. This didn't help matters whatsoever.

"Well, first off, I am certain that you are supposed to be due. Vampire pregnancies don't last as long as yours has. How long have you been pregnant?"

"For...?" Azriel glanced at me shyly because he forgot.

"He's been pregnant for three months, about to be four-."

"Then that means the baby might be due any time! If I have that down correctly...since they're a Hybrid, that might mean what I think it means!" Reynolds gasps, and suddenly he was close on Azriel.

I was about to stop him until Azriel looked at me as if it was okay. That calmed me some, nodding when Reynolds began to rest his hand on his stomach.