20'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"Idris I'm happy you're back to normal."

I jog beside Chris as the rest of the corps was behind us. They gladly welcomed me back, but I will assume that it was Hendrick's fault.

I was pissed.

Azriel's father is pathetic. He took Azriel from me and just when we mate... I haven't seen him in months and I'm furious.

I still...have to maintain this image as if I am furious with him. With how things went...I am just the guy who's Mate ran away pathetically.

"It needed to be this way. I never realized how...much he was holding me back. I regret having done such a thing. He ran away when things became hard and it saddens me; but at least I know the truth now." I chuckle, glancing behind me at the others.

They all looked at me normally as if I didn't have a vampire Mate. They wanted me dead all because I openly accepted a vampire as my Mate. Now that I've...'rejected' him, they're back to normal.

"I told you. I have heard that you're a Hybrid, but it doesn't change anything. You're still highly respected even though...a couple of months ago things weren't looking so good. At least it's all back to normal." Chris sighs peacefully, and I stop running once we reach the castle.

We all stop at the stairs and relax for a bit, and I look over my shoulder. Looking at the castle, I had this desire to burn it down. It was an eyesore anyway...

"Hey."

I look, seeing a girl make her way towards me. She sat beside me and it was unusual. I've seen her around before, but I don't think I've ever put in effort...to speak with her.

"Yes?" I raise my eyebrow because this was random. "Lucille...was it?"

Lucille nods vigorously, looking very excited that I remembered.

"I have...a question." She scoots closer towards me, and I look around her. I didn't know what she was doing and no one was really paying mine to her talk.

As I nod, I wait for her to say.

This girl was one of the few even on the corps. There weren't many females, but the ones that were on deserved it. They worked their asses off to be here and I praise that.

"I am sorry." She bows her head to me.

I frown in confusion, not understanding why she apologized.

"Sorry for...?" I look behind me, seeing Chris being nosy too. She looked back up at me and her eyes divert off of me.

I had a feeling she didn't want to say it around Chris.

"I hate vampires." She snickers, causing me to internally roll my eyes.

"Don't we all, that's what you're apologizing for?" I question him and she nods. "No need, I agree too. I hate them as well...very much."

The both of us looked at one another...and I knew that this was a lie.

"I detest their kind completely, they don't deserve any chances." She says calmly, and I assume she means...the opposite of that.

"Oh yeah? I agree, they genuinely...deserve no chances." I chuckle as I see her raise her eyebrow. I wondered if she understood the play on my words. Everything I was saying was the opposite of what I really meant.

I hope...she understood it.

"I agree, completely. Your Mate is horrible, they don't deserve any chances either. They deserve the fate that they were handed.  Going against destiny...how nice, I feel bad for you." She slowly begins to drift, causing me to grin.