23'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"So...you two are now each other fiancé's, I see."

Whistler and I stood beside each other as Lucille grins at the both of us. She handed me a notebook, showing me a certain page that was full of only twenty or so names.

"What is this?"

"These are the people that passed. They want werewolves and vampires to cohabitate, but this is only a small few compared to the groups I have spoken too. Out of the eighty Barry and I spoke to...we were only certain of twenty." Lucille sighs shakily, only to smile at the both of us. "How have you two been faring?"

I look at Whistler, seeing him look up at me too. The both of us face forward awkwardly almost instantly.

"Woah...what has been going on?"

"The whole marriage thing...it's a lot." He sighs, and he leans into my arm. "His father...I mean, the Head Alpha, is so dead set on the preparations. He wants this done and that done...Idris and I are even forced to stay at the castle now. We have to lie and say we're...uh..."

I snicker, sighing as I pat his head.

"We have to lie and say we're trying for a child. Which we all know that is false. I think the lies and acting is just too much at some point, I'm sorry about that." I apologize to him, but he ends up standing up straight now.

"It's fine. I'm fine with that part, it's...the Head Alpha. He is a lot to work with and handle so...normally, as if everything is fine. I hate that." He tells me and I nod in understanding. "As long as I'm never alone with him...I'll be fine. He's just so weird..."

"I think we all can agree on that." Lucille snorts, taking back the notebook. "You know...when you two get married you both will be Head Alpha's. Not just Idris, but Whistler as well."

"I know. I don't want to dabble in that kind of thing. I'm only there for show and it's not real, so I don't want to take it that far. I'm only eighteen! I can't take care of two billion people!" He cries, and that reminds me.

Our world...the werewolf world does consist of two billion. On the vampire side I think it's an equal amount...if not a little more than that.

We would really be in charge of all of that...

"Whistler's right... How am I going to take care of that many people? How am I going to convince them that vampires are not the enemy?" I ask aloud, only for Whistler to nod at the notebook.

"We show them the evidence, we gain support. It takes time. You could just bring Azriel in too because everyone already knows you're Mates. Though...not with your father as Head Alpha, you need the power. People won't accept something if the higher authority- your father - is so against it. All the werewolves tend to listen to the one who is most and all-powerful. You need that so that they'll have to consider it...they just have to." Whistler always reminds me of the plan when I start to become...I don't know the word.

When I lose hope, I guess. It just seems impossible at times. The longer I go without Azriel the more I tend to...lose it.

Lose hope and lose focus. I cannot do that, and thank goodness Whistler reminds me not to do that.

"Don't forget about the dinner." I say in annoyance, and Whistler's eyes widen nervously. "I know, I agree. He's the last person I want to eat with. I might barf...looking at his face."

"I just don't want him to do anything foolish. I am nervous...that there will be something that happens. He has never asked us to do this before." Whistler looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "It's suspicious, I can't be the only one that thinks that."