29'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"I want to show you something today."

I see Azriel look up at me, his eyes following me as I crouch before him. I press my lips to his knees as I run my hand up-and-down his legs.

"I know you probably don't want to leave this room, but I insist you leave it today before I go." I smile at him, his eyes lowering off of mine.

He ended up standing up now, and I start to walk him out the room. Except he stopped abruptly as he started to become watery eyed. The way he began to back up some and I saw his free hand begin to cradle his stomach...

"Azriel..." I grin down at him, grabbing his hand. I start to pull him forward and into a separate room. The lights were off before Azriel could see.

When I flicker the light on I look down at Azriel, seeing his eyes widen on the sight.

There was a memorial...a funeral that I had made for the baby. I never told Azriel the gender initially because I felt like it would make him feel worse. Except I was informed that it was a girl we lost.

Suddenly Azriel was standing before the memorial, his fingers grazing the flowers. I'm not very good with flowers so I just bought all the fresh ones...so all of them. They filled the room with a sweet aroma and Azriel stared at the tiny casket.

His lips tighten into a straight line, and he shook his head repeatedly. I had to rush beside him and when I saw his hair beginning to glow again, but it instantly faded away.

He gasped for air as he rested his hands on the casket, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Azriel...I'm so sorry." I whimper to him. I try to pull him towards me, but he refused to be brought into an embrace. "I should've been shot. You didn't deserve this, she didn't deserve this. I believe this is a telltale sign-."

"Stop!"

I grin sadly, seeing Azriel cry continuously. Except he was glaring at me and I wonder...what I did wrong. I could probably guess it...that I couldn't protect the baby, nor him.

"Stop thinking those things!" Azriel cries to me, and I look away from him. "You anger me so much with your thoughts! Neither outcome is a good one. If you got hurt...I would be devastated as well. It happened this way...and you saying that doesn't make me feel any better! No 'telltale signs' - enough with that!"

I nod in understanding, feeling worse about how I went about this. My eyes lowered off of him and onto the casket.

"If I had known I made you feel this way I would've stopped thinking such things around you-."

"Don't think about them at all!" He interrupts me in frustration, his lips beginning to tremble. "That's not what you're supposed to do."

"What do you mean?"

"When you love someone you don't think about the ways you could've taken their pain so horridly. You don't take it to such extremes like you have. She is no longer here...I know this, but you telling me that you'd rather deal with pain and saying the ways you could possibly hurt yourself - I don't want to hear that! That's not the kind of love...I want to hear." Azriel looks away from me and I felt saddened.

"I'm trying my best here." I tell him, and he looks back up at me. "I'm trying to make do with what I think love should be. You already know that I'm not used to this. How can I love properly when I have never experienced it or done it? I know you're here, but I'm talking about the what I think it is. It's what I feel and how I feel, you can't tell me not to think that."