15'

𝘼𝙧𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧
***

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

I stood beside Archer as we stood inside the castle in wait. He seemed to be standing by my side as some support even though I've spoken to the Head Alpha before.

"You've done your job, I don't think you need to stay around now." I snap at him, causing Archer to snicker. "What is so damn funny?"

"You can calm down that tough facade." Archer tells me, and I glare at him instantly.

"Tough facade? This is how I am-!"

"No, it's not; but if you want to lie to yourself about it you may." Archer chuckles even though I found his words ridiculous. Though...he wasn't wrong, but I prefer to act like this than not.

I don't want anyone to use me anymore than they already have.

"What does the Head Alpha even want to do with me anyway?" I question him in boredom, remembering what Azriel told me to do. To try and...convince them.

Except I think I want to understand more of what Archer is saying. I don't know who to believe, honestly.

"He knows of your communication with the vampires and he wants to tell you the truth before you were pulled in too much by their lies." He just says off the bat and I keep my lips shut.

What could he possibly have to tell me?

I don't...question Azriel's honesty, but what if he just didn't want to tell me parts? This is too much all at once.

"So...if I had never met the vampires he would never have put in this effort?" I ask him in irritation.

"No, I wouldn't say that."

I gasp, looking as I see the Head Alpha walk towards me. His hands were behind his back calmly as he grins at me.

Immediately I bowed my head to him because I...honestly looked up to the man so much. I used to want to be Head Alpha...and I still do.

I just know that won't be happening anytime soon, or ever. That's a better way to go about it.

"Head Alpha Drexel, hello. I know you probably have heard of what I have done and I just wanted to-."

"Don't worry. I insist you don't explain your reasons because it's quite alright. I've cleared your charges, they are no longer a thing." He tells me, and I frown as I watch him sit at his desk.

I look at him as he grins at me kindly, and I look at Archer.

"What the hell is this?" I hiss at him. Archer nodded for me to speak to the Head Alpha and I look back at him. "Why would you do that?"

"Because. I can't let my own flesh and blood be killed." He just says outright and I just stood there.

Out of nowhere I felt...sick.

"'My own flesh and blood'... Are you...?" I drift with nerves as I look at him. I see him stand up from his seat and open them wide.

Smiling proudly, I feel Archer pat my shoulder.

"You're my son, Idris Drexel, and I am your father."

I just look at him, seeing him wait as if I was going to run to him with open arms. Except I stayed still, my hands balling up into fists.

"No..."

"Yes, Idris he's your father-."

"No one's talking to you Archer, butt your ass out of it!" I shout in his face, causing him to step back awkwardly. He raised his hands in defense as I looked back at the Head Alpha. "You're lying."