7'

𝐈𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐱 𝐀𝐳𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐮
***

"Are you...insane?!" I shriek at Azriel as he had us standing around the walls entering onto the vampire side of the world.

They were gargantuan-sized, and dwarfed us. Knowing the vampires...they could easily jump over the wall. It's just up to them if they want to use their power to jump over such a wall.

I see Azriel press his hands to the wall, feeling on certain spots. He was ignoring me now as he continued to feel on the wall as if he was searching for something.

"You can't just...bring me, a werewolf, to a vampire-filled place. They will tear me apart...or vice versa you never know how far I could go-."

"Stop, please...those kind of comments will result in actions you can't come back from once they're done. I suggest...if you want to keep your heart, keep your comments about killing us to yourself." Azriel interrupts me quietly when he pressed his ear to the wall.

"I don't have to listen to you, at all-."

"It'd be very wise if you did. I would protect you, but if you attack someone there's only so much...I can do if on their end it's self-defense. I'm the head vampire's son, and you know that. Everyone knows who I am...me bringing you will be a shock, but if they see you beside me they'll use deductive reasoning-."

"Are you trying to say my kind can't do that?" I growl at him, and I see Azriel begin to chuckle softly. "You don't? Wow."

I roll my eyes, suddenly watching as Azriel pressed a soft spot on the wall. I watch as part of the wall begins to part as if it was a door. While it did so a wave of the strong odor...of a vampire wafted into my nostrils.

It was overbearing as I covered my nose, trying not to attack on instinct. Except there was a long tunnel we had to walk just to get to the other side. I assume we're walking between the walls thickness.

There were some guards who saw me, but when they saw Azriel beside me they kept to themselves. They really weren't going to question him as to why he brought a werewolf here?

If I brought him to my world...they'd rip him to shreds for fun. Let him heal again, then do it all over again.

"Now that's slightly morbid, isn't it?" I hear Azriel comment, and I look down at him.

He was looking forward, but he was responding to my thoughts. So much for thinking in my head when he can hear them.

"Morbid? I think not. What is with your kind and just shoving their hands into peoples chest? You have a thing for grabbing peoples pumping hearts and crushing it?" I question him in disgust.

"We are predisposed to do that. It's instinct... Your kind has instincts...don't they?" He asks me as he now looks up at me.

"Of course, but not weird ones like that. Our instinct is our mating instinct when we have sex. We instinctively knot those your Wolf is connected to. Once it happens you can't fight it. Now that's normal, the whole ripping out someone's heart isn't." I scoff at him when I see him grin at me. 

"We are not the same. It's normal for us, what you just told me was quite unusual; but I'm not insulting you because I find it to be so. Before vampires had a need to...fight your kind, we would fight each other. It used to be every vampire for themselves before humans went extinct. The best way to kill a vampire is by ripping out their heart and crushing it. The slow...and painful way is to break their neck and then set them alight-."

"Oh! That's what we do!" I laugh aloud as I think about such a thing. "It's so fun to watch, I'm telling you."

I look back at Amren and he had a concerned look on his face. I could tell he found my exclamation inappropriate.