The God of Light / Part 1

A small blue light comes on, his face is displayed in the feedback of the camera.

He pulls one of his black strand of hair away from his face, but it falls back into place.

Antony's dark eyes scans the computer screen, searching for the "Start" button.

And with a mouse movement the recording is started, the broadcast is live and they start.

***

It's early in the morning, the air is still fresh, the morning dew slightly wet his shoes.

Tinea goes to work, like every morning. He dials the code on the door, which he knows so well. A bell rings and the door opens.

He puts his things on the desk, hearing his colleagues finish the usual morning meeting.
He unlocks the front door and welcomes the first job seekers of the day.

***

"- Aaah, the hours flew by, it's almost time to eat, I hope we will get here in time."

Before she could lay her eyes on her watch, a robotic voice rose in the train.

"11:20 Destination Thavach, arrival at the station."

She opens her bag a little, observing the two small boxes that were the reason for her coming.

Nothing was harder than having to hand them over to someone else.

"- Goodbye Tikki, I hope i will see you soon, you too Plagg. You both know what to do ..."

***

Antony finally left his desk and the viewers for a break.
The perfect time to take out the trash that is lying in his apartment.

Going down the stairs of his apartment building, he meets his neighbor, Madame Turner.
An old lady a little bitter but with a soft side, Antony had barely lived in this place for a few months and the visits that this little Madame received were rare.

Often, she would only see one nurse in the month, who check that she is still alive regularly.

Antony had got into the habit of coming to greet her when he had time, he was well aware of the ravages of loneliness at this age.
Despite her bad temperament, the old lady regularly gave them little things she pulled out of nowhere, as a sign of gratitude.

Antony: Hi miss Turner, how's your day so far ?

Turner: Ah! You're finally here, young man, the door downstairs no longer opens!

Antony: Well, let's go see that, i need to go out anyway.

When they both arrive at the bottom of the stairs, the observation is the same, the door is blocked.

Bad luck, the hallway light didn't work anymore, he couldn't really inspect the problem any closer.

***

Tinea was so close to finishing his work of the day.

Tinea: Okay, now you can validate and it will be finished.

He was helping a middle aged woman for an inscription,
She had suffered an economic lay-off. A situation that always hurt.

Going from a stable situation to no longer having a job overnight was a very difficult ordeal to bear.

Especially when you have a family to support.

Tinea was doing his best at his work, besides it wasn't that much of a job. More a service he liked to offer to people, accompanying them in their online proceeds.