Uppity / Part 2

Tinea's heel hitted hard against the leather shoes, crushing the foot inside.

The man tried to keep his grip on his prey, but the prey did not stop fighting back.

He was almost getting out of his grip before he got caught by the hair like a vulgar thing.

At this moment the only thing he could do was praying for someone to find him.

How lucky he was to have such a partner.

A blue shadow passed over him, his foot landing exactly between the attacker's two eyes, propelling him back.

Mr. Bug positioned himself between the enemy and Tinea who was finally free, spinning his yoyo ready to retaliate.

Antony: Glad I finally found you, Melvich.

But in front of him he did not find what he had waited for, strangely.

In a way, the man in front of him seemed more empty and cadaverous rather than sociopathic.

The energy he gave off reminded him of that of the  bewitched animals.

His gaze turned to Tinea.

Antony: You should go home-

Tinea: Ye-ah I think I should go home too !

He jumped to his feet again, running away much to Mr. Bug's pleasure.

Antony: Be safe.

His gaze turned to Melvich, who had disappeared.

Antony: Oh no-

But in his ear he heard the sound of a grappling hook and before he could even turn his head he took a full blast.

Landing a few yards away, he tried to stand up to see his enemy.

Ghost made their book appear, the energy emanating from it already seeming far less friendly than they wanted to show during their first meeting.

Ghost: Pathetic, Bug. This is the last time you're going to get through my plans.

***

The young man had gone to hide not far away, under a bridge, trying to catch his breath.

He could feel all his limbs shaking from this fear, he inhaled and exhaled regaining control of his emotions.

Plagg slipped out of his pocket, warning him that his partner needed him.

But the two turned their heads to the looming shadow on his left.

Tinea: Ohh, not again… Claws out !

***

Antony was trying the best he could to dodge his opponent's blow. He didn't have much of a melee experience and he didn't feel like he was going to hold longer.

He took advantage of a wrong move to get away using his yoyo as a grappling hook.

The Bug was already out of breath and was taking advantage of being up to take a break.

Antony: So… What is your villain backstory ?

Ghost: You think I'm gonna let you rest ?

The pages of the book turned, emanating more powerful energy.

Ghost: Watch out.

Pigeons arrived to peck Mr. Bug's head, at this more than ridiculous sight, Ghost could only be dismayed.

Ghost: Ugh… You're lucky I wasn't planning on fighting you.

Antony waved his arms, trying to get rid of his annoying birds. His gaze fell further.