The Bird of the Golden Land

Antony was more than curious about his classmate. He found him very mysterious, dressed in black from head to toe, without lacking in elegance even in his way of staggering because of the alcohol.

They had both gone to the bar, before finding a quieter place. He felt that after each of his words, the young man started to feel more comfortable talking to him.

And now, talking, he didn't stop doing it.

He had spent a good 10 minutes explaining to him back and forth how trash men could be.

And as seriously as Antony wanted to take it, he couldn't help but be amused by his classmate's way of talking.

Tinea: And you don't know what this motherfucker told me? Told me it was "just a handjob with a friend" ! Oh we were so fucking dead about it with my friends. It's still the funniest shit I ever read in my life, well it wasn't that funny at the moment. I was kinda like, DUDE, how dare you cheat on me like that. Look at this ass and tell me anyone else could have a better one ? No one has a better ass than me.

Antony: I didn't understand anything of what you just said but I totally agree.

Tinea: Thanks baby, that's the spirit.

They were both going up the stairs to the roof. Arriving in, Tinea was able to see with pleasure that there was no one there. It suited him well to be able to vent his ideas solo, almost forgetting the presence of Antony.

Antony: So... your parents liked moths?

Tinea: What? Ah, no. That's not my real name.

Antony: O-oh, I mean, if you use it then it's your real-

Tinea: My real name is Marc.

Antony: Ah... Why do you call yourself Tinea?

Tinea: Well you see, I relate to moths a lot, attracted by a light that could easily destroy them ...

Antony: Oh...

Tinea: Nah, I'm kidding I just think they're neat.

Antony: Fair enough.

They both went to lean on the edge.

Antony: So, what was your question?

Tinea: My question?

Antony: Yeah, you know, the thing that made us come up here.

Tinea: Uuuuuuuuh-

Fortunately for him, or unfortunately in the end, their attention turned to a rather unusual bird cry.

Along the buildings, a huge bird of prey hovered like a threatening shadow over the sleeping city.

Tinea: Oooh, as big as this this could be a condor.

Antony: It doesn't really live in our region...

They both looked at each other knowing full well, by their secrets, that this bird surely did not have the best of intentions.

But before they could flee from each other, the raptor noticed them, peaking down in their direction.

Tinea: Uh Oh-

Before a single one could act, the bird of prey grabbed hold of Tinea, carrying him into the sky.

Tinea: WHY ALWAYS ME-

For his part Antony opened his small bag.

Antony: We have no choice Tikki !

Tikki: But what if he discovers your secret identity?

Antony: Let's hope the alcohol will do its job, Spots on !

He didn't waste another second, his transformation taking place on his own, he threw his Yoyo in the direction of the next building.

Tinea was too busy not trying to throw up his extra alcoholic drinks during the flight.

As he was jumping from building to building he hurried to try to contact his teammate who was not responding.

Antony: I need Lucky Cat for this, I hope he's not asleep at this hour !

While waiting for his arrival he swung his weapon in the direction of the bird, it wrapped around one of its legs.

Antony: Ah Ah ! ... Oh no-

The bird was much stronger than he thought and he found himself dragged behind.

Tinea watched the scene, trying not to laugh at it. He mumbled to himself.

Tinea: Sorry Buggy, you're in solo until you get me out of here.

The Bug pulled on the rope, being pulled back to the bird.

Antony: I can't believe this thing can transport two hum-

Tinea: AAAAAAAAAH !

Indeed the raptor had let go of its prey, trying to get rid of the insect that was wandering in its feathers.

Mr. Bug didn't hesitate for a second and launched himself into the void, throwing his yoyo to bring Tinea back close to him before catching him. Then by rolling up his weapon to a building, he was able to slow down their falls.

He gently brought him back to the ground, holding him in his arms. His gaze fell on the bird which left in the distance.

Antony: I guess that's a problem for another time ...

Tinea was enjoying himself surprisingly well, held by the superhero, looking at him with an affectionate gaze.

Antony looked down at him.

Antony: Are you ok-

Tinea: Hi, sexy man ~

Antony: I will take that as a yes.

***

Mr. Bug returned to drop his freshly rescued classmate on his home roof.

Antony: Here you go.

Tinea: Where is this bitch ass of an Antony ?

Antony: Uuuuuuuuh... He called me !

Tinea: ... How is that ?

Antony: Well- You know- Attila ? Yeah, he ran to him and he called me youknowthingslikethat- Hey, see he's here !

He pointed behind him, Tinea turned, waiting to see his classmate.

Antony made the sprinting of his life, leaping behind the entrance, regaining his original form and pretending to go out the door, opening it sharply as Tinea turned his head in his direction.

Antony: Aaah ! I'm glad you're safe-

Tinea: Why are you so out of breath, was it you who had you kidnapped by a bird ?

Antony: I was just- Anyway, did Mr. Bug left ?

Tinea: Yeah... Can't believe I didn't get a kiss before he left.

Antony let out a sigh of relief, seeing that his classmate had no suspicion.