Shallow

Knock ! Knock ! Knock!

Antony: Alya ! Open this door ! Now !

The young man was stuck in front of the bathroom door. Knocking impatiently on it.

His sister, Alya, was in the bathroom for at least one hour now. The disadvantage of Antony's apartment is that it was not large enough to have a dedicated toilet room. These were in the bathroom and he's been holding it for long enough.

Not to mention that they were already late.

Alya: Leave me the fuck alone, go piss in your plant !

Antony: We're already late, why are you taking so long ?!

Alya: This is none of your business !!

Antony let his head fall against the wood of the door. He growled, trying to find a solution, but there was none.

The young girl was far too stubborn.

Alya had always been a much stronger head than her big brother, life together was difficult at times. She stayed at the boarding school but during weekends and holidays she lived at his house.

Antony: Oh come on, our father is going to make me go through hell if we arrive late…

He slid down the door, sitting down on the floor.

Of course, that's when she opened it, knocking him back.

Alya: Why are you on the ground ? Let’s go !

***

They both arrived in front of their father's house, with a lump in their stomachs.

Alya: Why are you forcing me to do this?

Antony: You agreed, last news. You are still in his care and if he does not sign the papers we will not be able to receive financial aid… You know very well that I cannot provide for both of us.

Alya: If you had a real job-

Antony: Are you a boomer? You're just jealous no one is watching your lame YouTube videos about superheroes.

It sounded cruel but he didn't mean hir words, they were both used to spoofing each other.

She tried punching him in the face but gave up since he was too tall for her.

They both stood here silently, looking at the house. Antony could see the concern in his sister's gaze.

Antony:… I'm with you.

Alya: I know you are.

She took a deep breath, making a few back and forths before heading down the aisle to knock on the door, followed closely by her big brother.

They waited a few minutes, before a woman opened the door for them.

" Who is this? "

Alya was shut silent, looking at her with big offended eyes.

Antony stepped forward a little.

Antony: Is… Gabriel here?

" He's working on something, who are you? "

Alya: We are his fucking kids can't you see the resemblance bi-

Her brother gave her a light knock on the back of the head, not enough to hurt her but enough to make her understand the message.

Antony: Language. We called here to say we would pass by 4 p.m… I know it's already 5 p.m  now but someone took an eternity under the shower.

Alya nudged him in the stomach.

While hearing the word "kids" the young woman widened her eyes, looking more than astonished.

"… W-wait here, I'll call him. "

Antony: Thank you… 

Once gone, Alya gave Antony an annoyed look, who ignored her, observing the entrance to the house.

Antony: This is clean, that poor woman is probably keeping this house standing.

Alya: Whatever.

After a few long minutes of waiting, their father arrived, looking a little confused.

Gabriel: Hey ...

Alya immediately puts the papers under his nose.

Alya: Yo man, can you sign this ?

The man watched the papers, his daughter and son out of the corner of his eye. After a few seconds, he took them in his hands.

Gabriel: What is it for ? ...

Antony: Alya's custody.

He continued to read.

Gabriel:… Does it mean I won't have the money anymore?

Antony was already clenching his teeth, already sensing what was going to happen.

Antony: That's her money anyway.

Gabriel:… Sorry kids, I need that money-

Antony: For fucking what, to pay all thoses woman that keeps you compagny ? Yeah right, your kids are less important, am I fucking right asshole?

Alya: My god, Antony language.

The man didn't say anything more than that he needed that money, like the heartless robot he probably was with his shallow eyes.
Antony snatched the papers from him.

Antony: Let's go, this was a waste of time.

The young man turned around, followed closely by Alya. Their father just closed the door without a glance.

Antony: This fucking asshole, you can't count on your own genitors in this world. Yeah, go fuck your bitch you trash-

In his anger he glanced at his sister who was walking behind him with her head bowed. He stopped mumbling those dirty words.

He stopped in his walk to wait for her.

Antony:… Sorry, I shouldn't say these things in front of you. Plus I know you don't like it when people get angry.

Alya:… It's okay, he is an asshole after all.

She stopped at his level, looking at him, wondering why he wasn't moving any more.

Alya: Oh no no, I know that look don't you dare-

He grabbed her, hugging and almost breaking her in half in the process while she was trying to breath.
Then finally he released her, ruffling her hair in the process.

Alya: You bitch !

Antony: I love you too.

They continued their routes.

Alya:… So… What are we doing now?

Antony:… I'll need a more serious job.

Alya: Becoming a boomer much ?

Antony: I'm visibly aging, soon will be forty.

Alya: Old man.