Grandiose

The video had been filmed from afar, a zoom showed the scene which had happened two days ago now.

Antony had looked at it several times, both to study what had happened and also to try to find loopholes in it that could make it look fake.

The fact that there was no longer any trace of the incident, thanks to the power of his miraculous, was a good start.

Tikki was sitting on the desk, having found comfort on the mouse pad.

Tikki: You know, it would be nice if people knew that there are superheroes in town. We do not know if the threat will always be so discreet, knowing that people are protecting us will prevent a great movement of panic.

The young man listened with only one ear, the video looping over and over on his screen.

Antony: ... I'm not good at public speaking.

His companion couldn't hold back her adorable little laugh.

Tikki: You're kidding, I hope ! You know I always take a look at what you're doing in front of this camera.

She went to land on his webcam.

Tikki: You need to trust yourself more.

He leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms above his head.

Antony: Aaah, all these responsibilities will end up crushing me ...

Tikki: Fortunately you have your super strength of Miraculous Holder to help you then.

Antony: How can I contact the cat ?

Tikki: Your weapon can also be used as a phone.

The desperation in his eyes spoke volumes.

Antony: Obviously, why didn't you think about it, the weapon is a phone too.

Tikki: You know what to say !

Antony got up from his chair, without too much enthusiasm.

Antony: ... Tikki, Spots on !

***

Tinea was leaning on the desk at the reception, his eyes fixed on one person in particular.

His colleague, Valentin.

Much to the amusement of his other colleagues, Tinea could never take his eyes off him.

Since the first day at his job, he has never been able to get him out of his head.

He didn't have too many hopes, although his friends kept yelling at him asking for his number.

It's just a crush.

That's what he always said.

While he was busy scrutinizing his lower parts, the ring on Tinea's finger began to ring.

If a face could represent confusion in the dictionary, it would be this one.

Tinea: Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom !

He said to his colleagues.

Rushing to the bathroom, he grabbed Plagg who was lying in his coat pocket in the break room.

Once away from prying eyes, he panicked.

Tinea: What does it mean ??

Plagg: Uuuh ... I don't know.

Tinea: WHAT ?!

He forced himself to be silent before anyone heard him.

Plagg: Hey I just woke up, okay ? I was having a great nap-

Tinea: Concentrate Plagg, I have work!

Plagg: I guess there's only one way to find out.

The young man sighed in exasperation, he looked around him a little sadly.

Tinea: I hope I don't have to quit my job for this. If they ever notice my absence and it happens often, I risk getting fired ! And I need this job ...

Plagg: Don't worry, we will be fast!

A little silence followed, then a little sigh.

Tinea: ... Plagg, Claws out!

***

Antony was hanging out on the roof of his building, he took advantage of his agility to get some fresh air. While waiting for his partner to answer.

Finally, at the end of this magic thread he heard his kitty's voice.

Tinea: Since when this thing is a phone ?! And how do you have my number-thingy- I don't know how this works !

Antony: Hey, Kitty. Glad to know you're still alive.

Tinea: Of course I am, it's not a little shock that will kill me.

He chuckled.

Antony: Where are you ? Why does it resonate so much ?

Tinea: If I give you all this information you might find out my secret identity.

Antony: You're in the toilets, aren't you ?

He could hear his little grumble on the other side of this magic phone.

Tinea: Come to the point.

Antony: ... I think you've seen the video circulating online.

Tinea: ... Yes I heard about it, I can't believe we know how to get caught on the first day.

Antony: I think it's a good thing, are you free?

Tinea: Is it a date?

Antony: Maybe, join me at the top of the radio tower.

Tinea: Hey wait, I didn't say I was-

***

The radio tower was on top of a hill, it was the highest point in town. The wind at the top was cool but the view was worth it.

Antony looked down to notice a clawed hand gripping the bar under his feet. In a little jump, Tinea found himself next to him.

Tinea: Can you tell me; why the fuck you brought me here?

Antony: Aah, my bad, I just always wanted to see the view from here.

Tinea: You are a plague.

Antony: I think we should come out in the open.

Tinea: Why, aren't we supposed to be a secret ? Like we should stay in the closet lol-

Antony: Shush, it's only our real identities that must be a secret.

Tinea was hesitant at first, but he couldn't help but remember last time. He felt silly not to have thought longer before acting. As astonishing as it was, in its awkwardness, the insect seemed far more sure of what he was doing than himself.

In this duo, he preferred to let him lead the dance.

Tinea: ... Fine, how do we do it ?

Antony was surprised that he agreed so fast, but it reassured him in his decision.

Antony: Great ! Don't worry, I have a friend here that could help us.