Growing Up / Part 1

The young man was out of breath at the slightest effort, still affected by the cataclysm.

He was sitting in front of his desk, leafing through that damn book, mumbling to himself like a lunatic.

They don't understand, they will never understand.

Yet you could be the one to understand ...

Tinea.

He felt the frustration and anger rise within him.

You were the only one who could understand me, why it's so hard to have you ...

He still remembers, a few months ago, the first time his eyes met his.

His old colleague was gone, a nice guy but nothing exceptional, the post was vacant. A few days later, the new kid arrived, a little shy at first.

He had ended up opening up to his colleagues and especially to him, he was a ray of sunshine in this administrative hell.

Always the right jokes at the right times, always positive with a big smile and with a big soft side.

It was the first time anyone had looked at him with a touch of admiration.

But also the first time that he himself felt at ease, in the middle of the discussion as in the silence of many afternoons with no work to do.

And he didn't want to let this chance pass.

His colleague had arrived in his life, like the icing on the cake, a plus that made everything perfect.

Valentin had tackled this task from an early age, he wanted to change this ungrateful world.

He wanted to show his power, his superiority.

No one could harm him, if he was the King and a King couldn't reign alone.

He couldn't wait any longer, he had been unfair to Tinea, he hadn't told him everything. He had to know, he had to understand it all, he had to understand that he wanted it for himself and for him alone.

That together, they could do everything.

It was decided, the young man stood up, grabbing his coat and putting on his mask.

***

They had arrived in front of the window of their beloved's apartment, they had carefully noted his address the times they had the chance.

Ghost was peering inside, everything was off, it was strange for a daytime weekend. They wondered if the young man hadn't gone out for a walk, but his phone and his dog were still inside.

A snake slipped up their arm, which climbed up the wall, finding an entry in the ventilation.

Nobody, empty.

They could feel the anxiety and worry growing more and more.

***

The young man was already tired of having to use this path, full of nettles and bushes blocking his path. It was more practicable being Lucky cat.

Tinea finally freed himself from the few branches that held him back, arriving in the garden of the cabin by the lake. The mood was very different from the last few times he'd been there. The bird was always present at the call, peacefully admiring the landscape.

The young man moved, observing the surroundings and watching the raptor out of the corner of his eye. He arrived near the small pontoon where the owner was calmly fishing. Tinea froze for a few moments, not knowing whether to hide from the man or not, finally the man raised his voice.