The Dullest Star

Tinea's eyes scanned the screen, to the right was the chat; filled with comments that could either be very interesting or just be limited to a suite of emotes.

It wasn't that the live wasn't interesting, on the contrary it surely was. But the young man didn't have the mind to concentrate on something, he just wanted to see moving images and hear sound playing.

It was by pure chance that he stumbled upon one of his classmate's streams, Antony. He saw this name go over regularly in the chat when viewers were trying to get the attention of their favorite entertainment.

His classmate was in vocal with his famous streamer colleagues, they had as guests the manager of the Augustus Show, Attila.

They were displaying their knowledge and fun facts on Roman Antiquity.

But his eyes couldn't take off of the webcam that was broadcasting Antony's face. Something about his eyes glowing with life caught his attention.

"- Tinea ! Can you help this woman scan these documents ?"

The young man took off his headphones, rushing to help the woman. He had the right to do other things when he had no one at the reception, as long as it didn't prevent him from doing his job when the time came.

From the scanner he could see the live continuing to play on his phone which he had placed casually on his desk.

Tinea: I'll let you enter your username ...

His attention was drawn to an approaching danger, Valentin. The guy, due to his lack of occupation, went around the room in search of an occupation.

He saw his colleague's gaze land on his phone screen.

Valentin: Do you watch that stuff?

Tinea: No not really I stumbled upon it by chance.

Valentin: I find that good.

Tinea: Sorry I wanted to say; yes, totally I love it.

His colleague let out a small laugh that always made his heart skip a beat.

The woman Tinea was charged to help looked at them both.

Tinea: ... Ah ! You can take your paper now, Madam. It's scanned.

She picked up her papers, looking at Tinea out of the corner of her eye with a knowing little smile, then left, thanking him.

Tinea: I think it's almost the end of my post.

He walked back to his desk assembling his things and retrieving his phone, then glanced at Val.

Valentin: What is going on for the rest of your day?

Tinea: Um, I have a party tonight ...

Valentin: Don't drink too much, I would like not to pick you up with a spoon tomorrow morning.

Tinea: I always drink in moderation.

It was false information.

Valentin: So, good afternoon?

Tinea: Y-yeah, Good afternoon, see you tomorrow, hope you'll eat good, have a great day, happy new year- Okay I need to stop now, this is terrible.

Valentin: It's okay.

Tinea: Good Afternoon.

Valentin: You already said it-

He left as fast as he could.

***

It was only 8 p.m. and the party was already in full swing. The students had rented a very prestigious hall, surprising for such a small town. On the ground floor was the reception, where student volunteers welcomed the new people taking their belongings to put them in the back room, to safety.