He had Wings / Part 1

Antony: Bye everyone, I hope you enjoyed the live show, see you on Thursday at 7 p.m. on Steph ’channel, see you ! Byeee ~

He grabbed his mouse, clicking on the “end streaming” button. Turning off all his streaming tools, he leaned back, stretching out his arms and letting out a grunt of appreciation.

His gaze shifted to his window, where he had just seen a black mass with an inquisitive gaze momentarily waiting for the window to open.

Antony: Kittyyy ~

He slid his chair toward the window, opening it with a simple gesture. The cat jumped onto his knees, purring. The big furball belonged to Mrs. Turner, who had simply named it "Cat". He passed regularly through Antony's apartment, climbing the various balconies of the building.

The young man scratched his head affectionately, while claws dug into his pants with love. He slid his chair back towards his desk, where Tikki was trying not to be noticed by the feline.

Antony: Tikki ? Why are you hiding ?

Tikki: He always tries to catch and eat me…

Antony: You can just float out of his reach.

Tikki: He's more agile than he looks.

A small laugh escaped Antony's mouth. His eyes were drawn to a small red dot moving on his dark screen.

Antony: Oh, a ladybug ! That’s funny.

Tikki observed the small insect, looking curiously. The young man put his finger delicately beside it, waiting for the ladybug to climb onto it.

Antony: You and me are just the same, little one.

He brought his finger to his face, watching the little insect walk over it. Then finally, it flew off towards the window, regaining its freedom. Antony's gaze lost in the direction it had gone.

The memory of the evening returned, he had not heard of the raptor after that.

His head turned to Tikki.

Antony: Why can't I fly?

Tikki: Uhhh-

***

Antony was quite proud of his achievement, he had extirpated information from Tikki, who hoped to be able to keep it for an emergency. He was back in his Mr. Bug costume, on top of his apartment building, trying to reach his second cat on the magical phone.

He took a few minutes to pick up. He could already hear his annoyance on the phone.

Tinea: How many times did I tell you not to call me at work !

Antony: Ahh sorry. But I can't miss school-

Tinea: Okay selfish boy, what's wrong ?

He hesitated for a few seconds, not wanting to annoy his partner more than that.

Antony: O-okay listen, I will try to find the bird of prey I talked about last time. I just need you to be ready when I find it. Because I can’t do it without you.

Tinea: Yeah, I will. And stop saying you can’t do things without me. I feel like I’m your dad or something.

Antony: Okay, Dadd-

Tinea: I'll stop you right here, you sick bastard. Find your bird, I hope you can fly.

Antony: Well, you would be surprised by what I learned.

Tinea: Tell me about it later, I need to go. Kiss kiss.

Kiss kiss ?

***

Tinea hung up, coming out of the bathroom.

He returned to the front desk, the day was rather calm today. He was grateful for it. His gaze was fixed on the door, a little lost in his thought as he walked towards his office. Then he bumped into Valentin's chest.

Valentin: Oops-

Tinea's face instantly turned red.

Tinea: Ahh- Sorry! I wasn’t looking where ...

Valentin: Don’t worry, it’s okay. I was searching for you anyway. 

Tinea: Oh ? We don’t seem to have a lot of work tho…

Valentin: Yeahh… I was asking myself… Where are you eating at noon ?

Tinea: Ah, I go home to get my things, I nibble two or three things in the process. I don't really eat. Everyone is bitching about me because of that by the way. Why ?

Valentin: I- I wanted to ask if you wanted to come eat with me .. Maybe ?

A few seconds of silence passed, one would have thought that Tinea had understood the implication, but he was stupid.

Tinea: Oh yeah, why not.

His colleague's gaze lit up, as if a weight had lifted from his shoulders.

***

Meanwhile, Antony had discovered his hidden talent. He summoned a capsule behind his back, which let out wings very similar to that of a real ladybug. A real pleasure for a fan of insects like him.

Far too excited for his own good, he threw himself into the void not even knowing how his wings could work. Luckily he found out soon enough before he crashed into a windshield like a real bug.

He was flying awkwardly between the buildings, trying to gain altitude. Once in the sky, he finally concentrated on his mission.

Tikki had explained to him that his flight time was 10 minutes, after those 10 minutes he would lose his wings and it would have acted as if he had used his lucky charm. He only had 5 minutes left before he turned civilian again.

15 minutes was enough to fly around Thavach.

***

The two had just finished their shifts, going out together and heading to Valentin's car, discussing the few people they had received this morning.

Tinea: Nice car, Mister.

Valentin: Haha thank you, wanna try it?

Tinea: Haha, no.

He grabbed the door handle before seeing his superhero partner pass with his wings.

Tinea: ... I can’t believe this motherfucker.

Valentin: Woah, is that Mr. Bug?

Tinea got into the car, sitting down in the comfortable seats. Closely followed by Valentin, who took a seat in front of the steering wheel.

Valentin: Do you think there is a danger close ?

Tinea: Don’t worry, if there is a danger close, he will take care of it. Where are we eating by the way ?

Valentin: There is a snack close, they do really good things, you will tell me about it.

***

Antony's eyes scanned the surroundings, he came to the area of ​​the radio tower, landing on it for a break.

Antony: Damn ...

“ Mr. Bug !! “

He looked down, where Attila the radio host was waving his arms greeting his favorite superhero, coming out of his studio.

Antony put his fingers together, greeting him with a wave of his hand and a wink. Then he set out again around the forest.

After having flown over a good portion, he arrived in front of a small pond. There he could see its prey, the bird was perched on the roof of a small wooden hut. He seemed to be sleeping, so as not to wake him up Antony landed on a nearby tree, immediately calling his partner.