Epilogue : Basil

The young man watched the surface of the water, his sunglasses resting on his nose.

Tinea: It's been one hour...

The older man turned to him, sitting on the other side of the boat. He straightened up a bit, crushing an old straw hat on Tinea's head.

" You need to be patient. How you haven't had sunstroke yet with the sun beating down like that..."

Tinea didn't answer, adjusting the old relic on his head, annoyed at the style it was giving him.

He had started visiting the man in the cabin several times already. Tinea noticed that the old bitch needed comfort, after his daughter's soul had returned to its place. The man kept wanting to throw him off of his property, but finally realized that somehow it wasn't bad for them to keep each other company.

Plus, Tinea had finally got his first and last name; Conrad Grey.

Tinea: I'm burning here.

Conrad: I told you not to come wearing all black.

Tinea: You don't understand the style, keep wearing old shirts and this.

He pointed the hat.

Conrad: "This" is what is making you not evaporate.

Tinea: I would prefer evaporating with style.

Silence fell over them once again. But it wasn't an uncomfortable or awkward silence, the two just enjoying each other's company, waiting for a fish to bite the hook.

***

The old woman had lost herself in her speech, her gaze fixed on her television screen.

Turner: Ahh... What was I saying again ? ...

The young girl lifted her head from her phone, stretched out on the old sofa.

Alya: You were talking about how our president is a dumb bitch.

Turner: Exactly, this man probably lost his dick last time he pooped.

An offended voice rose behind them, coming from a young man trying to clean her old baking tray that the woman couldn't maintain anymore.

Antony: Mrs. Turner, how much time will I have to tell you not to talk like this with Alya.

Turner: Oh, she is way worse than me anyway.

Alya: Thanks, sis.

He rolled his eyes, continuing to scratch the surface with his brush.

Antony's eyes fell on the screen of his phone which lit up, sign of a notification. He raised an eyebrow, not hoping for a message this afternoon.

He leaned over, grabbing his phone with his free hand and unlocking it.

" [ Unknown number ]

Hello Mr. Bug, could you meet me here the sooner you can? "

His face quickly turned paler, he had no idea who it could be and he would have liked as few people as possible to know his secret identity.

Attached was a placement on the map, outside of Thavach.

He barely hesitated for a second before deciding to take off his cleaning gloves to go inspect himself.

Antony: Need to do some shopping, will be back soon, be good.

The girls didn't even bother to look up at him leaving.

***

Antony arrived near the place indicated.

He crushed a few branches, walking among the leaves and not failing to fall several times.

He finally stopped, seeing a figure move.

Surprisingly, it was not what he expected. A mature woman with long dark hair and soft blue eyes. She approached him, a more than kind look on her face.

He watched her, curiously before she finally spoke.

" Hello, Antony. "

Antony:... Hello?

" You must be asking yourself who I am? "

Antony: This is, indeed, what I'm asking myself right now-

She chuckled softly.

Marinette: My name is Marinette DupainCheng, I am also known as the former Ladybug and I am the actual guardian of the miraculous.

Antony looked at her with the biggest of eyes, obviously missing some key information.

Tikki pulled her little head out of his pocket, approaching the woman with a happy look. The two greeted each other warmly, then she proceeded to explain a little more.

Marinette: Some months ago, I gave the Miraculous of the Ladybug and Black cat to you and your partner.

Antony: Can I ask something really quick ?

Marinette: Yes ?

Antony: How did you get into my apartment-

Marinette: This is secret information.

Antony looked at her, a little worried by that answer.

Marinette: Anyway... I followed your adventures, I'm very proud of both of you for protecting your city. You've both proven to be very good miraculous holders. Sadly... Now that your enemy is gone... I've come to take them back.

Antony was a little surprised at the announcement of this news.

Antony: You mean... We won't be superheroes again ?

Marinette: Who knows ? Maybe one day, our paths will cross again.

She tried to reassure him as best as she could, knowing full well that it was not an easy task. But the young man finally made up his mind that his adventures were coming to an end, but suddenly a thought crossed his mind.

Antony: What about...

Marinette: Lucky cat?

She opened her hand, showing him the ring that was his miraculous.

Marinette: I already saw him this morning.

He looked down at the ring.

Antony: Did he... Said something ?

The woman could see where the young man was coming from. Lucky cat had not been particularly confident with her, he was more wary of knowing to whom he would confide his miraculous.

After giving her the miraculous, he had simply asked to keep his identity a secret. As promised she unfortunately could not give Antony the precious information he wanted so much.

But she was familiar with this kind of situation.

Marinette: Antony, all I can say is that you don't have to worry. Love always finds a way.

She reached out her hand in his direction, not missing his visibly disappointed expression.

Antony's gaze turned to Tikki.

Tikki: It has been a pleasure to be with you Antony, I'm sure we will see each other again !

The kwami ​​gave him a reassuring smile which he tried to return his best, removing his earrings and placing them in their owner's hand.

Officially renouncing his role as Mr. Bug.

*

*

*

" Why did you keep your identity a secret ? "

"... I was scared... To finally meet him and that he could meet me too...

Maybe I will regret it. "