Augustus

Our two superheros were waiting on top of the radio cabin, inside was the recording studio and a show was ongoing.

Tinea watched his partner out of the corner of his eye, trying to figure out what was on his mind.

Antony: Do you know about Augustus?

Tinea: What is this?

Antony: This is the name given to Octavian, the adopted son of Caesar, by the Senate. This name refers to the ancient Roman priests, the Augurs.

Tinea: Augurs… Like "De mauvaise augure"?

Antony: Exactly ! The expression came from the fact these priests interpreted natural phenomena as omens.

Tinea:… Why are you telling me that?

Antony: Oh, just to pass the time.

Our favorite insect pulled out his weapon. He had recently discovered all the functions of this magical yoyo.
He unfolded it, opening it like an old cell phone.

By activating a few keys, it manages to pick up the radio frequencies emitted by the antenna.

"- Today friends, we are going to talk about this terrible event, which occurred two days ago ! A power cut affected the whole town for more than two hours ! And you don't know the best one ? Everything is back to normal. to normal without the intervention of anyone ... But that's what we could believe ... "

A gentle smile spread across Antony's face.

Antony: That's my friend, Attila. He got his own radio show, things change so fast ...

Tinea: I will act as if you didn't tell me this super secret information about your secret life.

Antony: Ah ! You're right, I'm talking too much. Sorry. I'm just nervous that he will maybe recognize me...

Tinea: Nah, don't worry. I asked my kwami ​​about this.

Antony: What do you mean?

Tinea: Well, I'm bad at keeping secrets. So I asked Plagg if someone could recognize me, just like that. Because I would recognize someone else if I saw him with just this little mask.

Antony: Fair enough… 

Tinea: He explained to me that the miraculous are made to confuse the minds of people, even ours. Like, I couldn't recognize you if you showed me a picture of yourself, and one in your costume. Same with me. 

Kinda like, a magical disguise.

Antony:… Well that's very reassuring to know.

Tinea:… You wanted to show yourself without even knowing this ? You like the taste of danger.

Antony: I was just resigned to listen to what my kwami ​​was saying to me.

Tinea: Awww listening to orders like a good little dog boy !

Antony: Shush, Catboy.

During this time the radio show was still running.

"- This failure was not trivial, it announced the arrival of a greater threat ! But do not worry my dear fellow citizens, we have two superheroes to the rescue !"

Tinea: Damn, he knows a lot.

"- A student managed to capture our heroes in action !"

Attila was describing the video to the viewers that were not watching the podcast.

Antony stood up.

Antony: Ready?

Tinea: I guess so.

By mutual agreement, the two waited for the perfect moment to go in. And in a pirouette by the window, they both found themselves in the studio.

Antony: Hello there, Can we ask for a special interview?

***

Attila had to take a little break to recover from his emotions. He couldn't stop shaking hands with our two heroes, it was a very long moment for them.

The radio host plunged them into thousands of thanks for existing, which our heroes tried at best to decline out of modesty.

He left them to sit on the seats, inviting them to speak for the first time in front of this very particular audience. But that was enough to give them the visibility they needed.

Tinea preferred to leave the talking to his partner, who was doing quite well.

Antony tried his best to explain their mission, without going into too much detail so as not to leak valuable information.

Attila: Tell me guys, do you know what you are fighting against ? It's always good to know your enemies !

For a second, Antony didn't know what to respond, his doubts took over.

Antony: Uhm, eh- Yes we-

Tinea: Don't.

A little silence took place, Tinea was looking at Antony with a hint of annoyance in his eyes. Finally he spoke out.

Tinea: We don't know what we are facing yet, that's why we want to ask all citizens of Thavach to remain calm, but careful and on their guard.

Attila clasped his hands, as if he was listening to divine words.

Attila: We will do our best, mister…

Tinea: You can call me Lucky Cat, am I not lucky to have such a partner?

This remark was a little spiky.

The presenter turned his gaze to Antony, awaiting his nickname, something he had absolutely not anticipated.

Antony:… I- .. Mist- Mister Bug. Yeah, Mr. Bug.

He tried ignoring the retained mocking laugh of the cat.

Attila: Well, Mr. Bug and Lucky Cat, thanks for protecting our city ! We hope we will hear more from you soon!

***

They were back outside, the end of the interview had gone well, even though Attila had tried to keep them backstage with him, to ask them more questions.
They were both alone again, ready to part and go back to their normal life.

Antony: Well, that’s something done for today-

Tinea: Why were you ready to lie, “Mr.Bug” ? 

The silence fell again, for much longer this time.

Antony: … I just… Didn’t know if it was good… To show that we’re unsure of some things. As superheroes-

Tinea: As superheroes we must not lie to the public, that’s basic respect. I can’t handle insincerity, people don’t need to be babysitted, just because of your own fears.

Antony’s words fell short, as he didn’t know what to respond anymore. This felt a little too personal at this point. But before he could manage an answer, his partner left.