The Black Book / Part 1

Lucky cat was perched on top of the radio tower, watching the sunset that illuminated Thavach with its orange gold light.

Below, he could see young teenagers bickering on a basketball court. Their parents coming to pick them up.

A family walked into a famous little snack bar, the children excited to have the right to something other than their mothers's food.

A sweet smile spread across his face, enjoying the simple, rustic beauty of this city he loved so much.

Despite what he could say about it.

Behind him, he heard delicate footsteps on the iron bars, approaching.

Antony: Enjoying the view, kitty ?

The Bug sat down beside him.

Surprisingly the cat didn't say anything for a long time, continuing to enjoy the moment until the sun completely disappeared behind the horizon.

Leaving room for the starry night.

Antony:... Sooo, why did you call me ?

Tinea: This man...

In his head, he could remember this situation with the raptor.

The man in the hut near the pond.

Tinea: He didn't mind the bird. Why was it sleeping on this roof in particular and not in one of the hundreds of trees around ? Why didn't he attack him ? Why-

Antony: I get the idea, you think it's him.

Tinea: Yeah.

Antony: We don't have proof though, we don't have the power to just arrest someone like that ...

Tinea: That's why we should inspect it.

He jumped off the tower, without warning, landing on all fours of his kitty paws at the bottom.

Antony: Damn-

Mr. Bug grabbed the various iron bars to go downstairs, making his colleague wait until he finally got down.

Tinea: Slow.

Antony: I'm not a cat.

Their gazes turned to the window of the radio studio.

Which Attila was glued to, watching the two with stars in his eyes, waving his hands to greet them.

Tinea: Come on, Buggy. Move your ass for your number one fan ~

He said with a mocking tone, amazed by the perseverance of the radio host.

Antony: Oh, I thought you were my number one fan.

Tinea: In your dreams.

They both headed in the direction of the forest, joining the cabin near the pond.

***

They were both sitting on a branch, watching the raptor still sleeping on the roof.

Night was beginning to get too dark for the eyes of the Bug.

On the windowsill was a small candle whose dancing flame imparted a certain atmosphere to the surroundings.

Antony: It's getting pretty dark...

Tinea: What do you mean ?

Antony: Okay, okay. I get it, you're a cat, you see in the dark.

Tinea: Jealous, darling ?

Antony mumbled to himself, the cat was looking at the door.

Tinea: I need to see more.

He jumped down, his partner failing to catch his tail to stop him.

Antony: Where are you going ?!

He tried to shout as silently as possible.

The cheeky cat didn't answer him, walking on the tip of his feet towards the house.

Watching the bird of prey with a concerned look, bad memories in head.

Antony also jumped from his branch but landed on his butt.

He ignored his own awkwardness and rushed to grab his partner's wrist.

Antony: I'm not letting you go alone in this.

Tinea: Oooh, what a true gentleman.

Antony: I'm serious, you don't know what you might face inside.

Tinea: An old witchy man ? I can handle it.

Antony: Are you serious ? -

Tinea: Why are you holding me by the hand ? That's gay.

By reflex Antony let go of his hand, causing a mocking sneer from his colleague.

Tinea: Hahahaha... Aaah, men.

Antony glared at him with angry eyes, especially to dissuade him from entering this house.

But the cat entered it anyway, pushing open the door which, to their surprise, was open.

The door, made of old wood, creaked until it hit the wall gently.

Lucky cat looked right and left before tip toeing in. While his partner was tearing his hair out from frustration behind.

As he walked forward, he observed the surroundings, then on his right he saw the man, asleep on his sofa in front of an old TV. A few cans of beer surrounding him.

Nothing seemed to be unusual in this cabin, the decoration was from another time but difficult to judge isolated people like this.

In front of him he noticed a canine shadow.

Tinea: Oh n-no-

The dog watched him for a few seconds, surely asking itself hundreds of questions in its little brain. Before giving an appropriate response; barking.