Uppity / Part 1

When Antony had noticed that his friend was taking so long in the locker room, he couldn't help but feel curious, he decided to go and see.

He certainly didn't expect to be in front of this young man he didn't know at all and who didn't hesitate to stare badly at him.

He felt like he had interrupted something, but he didn't feel like leaving now.

Valentin's gaze changed quickly, cold as ice and seeming full of rage at the sight of his imaginary rival.

Valentin: I was telling myself that you shouldn't be far ...

The young man paid him no more attention, turning his gaze to Tinea who was waiting patiently behind.

Antony: Is he... Bothering you?

Tinea didn't really dare to answer, his gaze shifting back and forth between Antony and Val'.

Valentin whirled around, approaching Antony.

Valentin: Who do you think you are ?

Antony frowned.

Antony: I could ask you the same.

The two stared at each other, Valentin being more than virulent.

Antony: Don't make me bring this outside.

He said, as a man who never ever had a fight. He had to admit that the little alcohol in his veins surely gave him a little too much confidence.

Before Valentin could have the pleasure of accepting, Tinea positioned himself between the two, pushing them respectively to stop their ego battle.

Tinea: Okay men, stop making your balls talk otherwise I will beat you up one by one respectively.

Neither of them took this ridiculous threat seriously. Seeing that there would be no change if he didn't take it to the next level, he looked back at Val'.

Tinea: I will say this once. Valentin, get out of here and don't come back.

His distraught colleague tried very hard to convince him of the goodwill of his gesture.

Tinea: You've crossed my limits when you came here without even asking.

Facing him, he maintained a firm gaze. Valentin understood that if he didn't want to damage their relationship too much, he had to leave. Unwillingly.

Valentin:... Fine. I hope you'll come home safe.

Tinea: I will, thank you, goodbye.

A little silence followed, during which it was quite visible that Valentine was stubborn, but Tinea was even more so. He walked towards the door, passing by Antony, not failing to threaten him in a low voice.

Valentin: You will pay for this.

Antony didn't bother to answer, giving him simply a dirty look before he finally left.

The two young men stood there, trying to figure out what had just happened. Tinea was still astonished at the behavior of his colleague.

He is not usually like that.

Right ?

Tinea:... I always take the worst guys.

Antony didn't dare to say more, given his friend's defeatist tone. He couldn't have added more anyway, as he walked past him, pulling him by the hood and dragging him out.

***

Antony had underestimated how much fresh air could do such good. He would have liked to be able to breathe it deeply, but he was still scratching his neck because of his friend who had taken him here with a lot of violence.

His eyes rested on the small dancing flame of the lighter that lit his cigarette.

Antony:... You smoke ?

Tinea: Yeah when I witness the stupidity of men.

Antony: I mean-

Tinea: You know he asked a very good question. Who do you think you are ?

The dark haired young man hesitated for a few seconds.

Antony: ... Your friend ?

A silence passed between the two.

Tinea:... Well thank you, but I can handle my problems on my own, Bestie.

He turned his back to him, starting to walk.

Tinea: I'll take a walk.

Antony would have liked to accompany him, but he suspected that he did not want company at the moment.

Antony:... Be safe.

***

He couldn't handle hearing his own footsteps anymore.

Clac, clac, clac ...

He loved to wear his heels but every now and then he would like them to be a little more discreet.

His eyes lifted to the blinding light from the street pole, pulling a slug on the cigarette.

He smoked very rarely, only after a few drinks.

The taste was bad, only the feeling of the oxygen struggling to rise to his brain from the smoke was pleasant.

The smell reminded him of his mother, a heavy smoker, he could find some comfort in it.

It was surely because of the alcohol, the cigarettes which knocked him out and the sound of his own thoughts, that he did not pay attention to the heavy footsteps that were approaching.

He looked behind him, observing the alley he had come from, thinking of going back there to apologize to Antony.

But before he could turn around, a hand came from behind, grabbing him by the jaw and covering his mouth to keep him from screaming.

A hoarse voice rose from the chest he was immobilized against.

" Hi there. "

***

Antony was circling in front of the door that led to the party, he didn't feel like going back there, not without Tinea.

He walked away from the corner that gathered all the smokers, walking while opening his jacket a little. A little red head came out of it.

Tikki: I have a bad feeling about this...

Antony: Me too.

He slipped into an alley.

Antony: Nothing costs to do a little round at this hour. Tikki, spots on !