Prisoner

The man watched his feet.

Old leather shoes, worn by time. He remembers the time he bought them, a store in the back of town.

The saleswoman was quite cute, blond hair, blue eyes and an angelic face. A classic model of beauty that he never got tired of.

He also remembered her terrified crystal eyes when he had waited for her until the end of her shift.

She had been lucky enough to run faster than him.

He didn't like those shoes that much after all.

Looking up he noticed something unusual.

The cell he was in was dirty, damp, and full of bacteria, yet it was the first time he had seen a rodent there.

A little mouse, white as a snowflake. It walked over to him, as if it was being ordered, a tiny piece of paper between its teeth.

It placed it delicately at his feet.

The man leaned down, grabbing the message between his fingers.

[ Course. Tree. Red. ]

Three words, fitting exactly into the size of the paper.

A smile of curiosity appeared on his lips. Today was the day he finally came out of isolation.

***

The hours had passed and the guard had finally come to pick him up. Exceptionally, after so much time spent in the hole, he was allowed to go out into the yard.

Watched closely by the guards.

He casually approached the tree in the center. His eyes scanning the surroundings, looking for something red.

In the tree, a small red bird. It took a few seconds before remembering that the first message had been delivered by a mouse, nothing was surprising at this point.

He got under the branch.

The bird dropped an earpiece in his hand, which he put on, pretending to scratch his ear.

A voice echoed.

" Very happy to finally hear from you, Mr. Melvich.

Do not take the risk of speaking, I have a visual on you, we will communicate differently. "

The man looked around curiously.

" You must be wondering who I am.

Most people call me Ghost, you can refer to me by that term as well.

I would like to team up with you.

How about not serving that life sentence after all ? "

***

A few days back, at Tinea's work ...

The young man waited as usual for the end of his shift, exchanging messages with his friends.

Valentin: So, what do you think about this " Ghost " guy?

Turning his head he could see the video dating from the other day, where the first appearance of the supposed third superhero was playing on his colleague's phone.

Tinea shrugged his shoulders slightly in disinterest.

Tinea: He kinda stole my style to be fair, I was the first dark bitch in this city.

He continued to type on his keyboard, hearing the wheels of his colleague's chair coming towards him.

Valentin: Does that mean you kinda like it ?

Tinea: Heh. Like Mr. Bug more.

He could already feel Valentine's offended gaze.

Tinea: He saved my life after all, with his big sexy muscles.

The young man lifted his head from his phone with a big smirk. His colleague looked at him, knowing very well why he was saying that.

Valentin: I see what you're playing. For the pain, I will not speak to you any more.

He turned in his chair, his back facing him.

Tinea: Come ooooon-

Valentin: I'm going to the toilets.

Tinea: Want me to join you ? ~

Valentin: You are so dirty minded.

Valentin rose from his chair, plunging into the corridors of the agency.

Once in the precious WC, he splashed water on his face, looking at his reflection in the small mirror.

Valentin:... I can save you too, from far worse than just a bird who can't listen... Ugh, childs spirits are so annoying. I need something better.

***

Back to a few days later...

The news is already around all the networks, a call for vigilance has been launched, Robert Melvich has escaped from prison.

Police have been roaming the streets for a day now and he is nowhere to be found. They weren't close to finding him.

On the outskirts of the city are the abandoned sheds, it is here that the man has an appointment with his new partner in crimes.

The man came inside, putting his feet in a puddle of water at the entrance, complaining about the well-being of his shoes.

He walks through this dark place, already feeling himself being watched.

" Are you going to get out one day? "

He hears footsteps echoing high up on the scaffolding.

Then a voice arose.

Ghost: Robert Melvich, 58 years old. Found guilty of the murders of five young girls, 23 years ago now. He first invited two young girls to help him with his car when they were at a fairly alcoholic student party. He then had to eliminate the witnesses who had come looking for their friends. I'll spare you the details of your own massacres, Robert.

" Are you here to do my biography for longer ? "

Ghost: I was just admiring this story that marked Thavach to this day, I wasn't even born but I was still rocked with this morbid story. You know you look bigger in real life ?

The man watched the strange stranger who had come down the ladder during his monologue.

" Let's get straight to the point, Kid. You were smart enough to get me out of this prison. What do you want in return ? "

The young man in front of him made his beloved book appear in his hand, in which he searched a few pages.

Ghost: I think you're going to be one of my greatest achievements so far.

His gaze shifted to a snake slipping down the other man's arm.

Ghost: I just received this wonderful specimen, a Black Mamba. Such a pretty and dangerous snake ...

" If you wanted to kill me, a bullet in the head would have been enough."

Ghost: It would have damaged your body way too much and I need it.

Malvich drew a knife from his sleeve, glaring at him.

" I'm not going down without a fight. "

Ghost: It won't be necessary.

The snake jumped at him.