Chapter 13

The one where Ted's luck just isn't in it.

Ren: And neither is he really.

Ted: Only in the first half, after that it's mostly about me.

Theo: Yeah, you're the main character. I don't think anyone could name all 23 named side characters.

Ted was chillin' like a villain on the couch in his waiting room. He had no interest in watching the fight, so he decided to just chill. He already knew who he was fighting in the finals anyway.

Ren and Theo were being wastes of space as usual.

Ren: Hey! We contribute to the story, unlike edgy mc asspull over there.

Ted: I'm the main character, so I get away with any random asspull. It's simple anime protagonist 101.

Theo: Why do I get the feeling that that's going to come back and bite you in the ass. Say, aren't you a Shōnen protagonist?

Ted: Ah shit.

Ren: Hey, Not probably won't put him through stuff like Akame Ga Kill!, or Tokyo Ghoul, or Attack on Titan. He's not smart enough to do that.

Ted: And you question why you're the one who gets killed off.

Ren: Eh, I'm fine with it, I get to be free of this shitty universe. Tch, none of the strongest are even small moon busters.

Ted: I don't think any of us will ever get to that level, and if we do then it'll probably be the end, no use in going over planet level threats.

Ren: Isn't your dad like solar system level?

Theo: Ren isn't your strongest host small galaxy level?

Ted: I think Sam's fight is about to start.

With Sam~~~

Sam was kind of nervous, seeing one of the top five students in his class get defeated so easily, he didn't want to underestimate his opponent, which is why he has been listening to Energize on repeat for like fifteen minutes.

Sam: Beast, be real with me. What are my chances of winning?

Beast: To be truthful, you most likely will win the fight, but there is a certain variable that is quite... unpredictable.

Sam: What's that?

Beast: He's using his power in several different ways, and I think we haven't seen all of them.

Sam: You're being helpful. Why?

Beast: Because I realised, there is no point in not working with you. Even if I hated you if I don't work with you, anyway for me to be rid of you is practically useless.

Sam: I see... well I just know we're gonna be the best of friends.

Beast: For both of our sakes, I hope so. Now get out there.

Loud Door: Now to give our final four some time to rest up the losers from the tournament fights will be having a mini-tournament for a shot to fight the winner of the actual tournament!

Loud Door could be heard faintly, giving the two more time for this exposition dump.

Beast: Or not.

Sam: So tell me more about what you are.

Beast: Well, to start, I'm what is called an Inergy Beast, most were originally just regular animals that were... experimented on.

Sam: How so?

Beast: You know that only Humans, Demi-humans, and Beastmen can naturally generate Inergy.