Chapter 15

The comedy one... kinda

A week after the tournament ended

Ted is in a hospital bed, meditating.

Carson walks into the room just as Ted takes a break.

Ted: Oh hey Galv, how's it going?

Carson: Could be better, I got some new responsibilities as a junior hero and all that.

Ted: How's that goin' for you anyway?

Carson: I go on patrol sometimes, stopping robberies and stuff, nothing too big.

Ted: Nice, too bad I'm stuck in here or I'd give you a hug or sumthin'.

Carson: Aren't your arms broken?

Ted: Haha, yeah. But I get released in a couple weeks so it's no biggie.

Carson: sigh

Ted: What?

Carson: I feel like if you really wanted to, you could have beat Sam without expending any Inergy.

Ted: What gives you that idea?

Carson: The way you didn't seem exhausted after the fight gave it away.

Ted: Ah, guess it was kind of obvious. But I guess you caught me red-handed.

Carson: You held back, that much was obvious by the first fight. What I want to know is how much?

Ted: Most I went was 39%.

Carson: Damn it, Ted. You should be in my place right now.

Ted: Didn't want any of you to think you were too far behind.

Carson: Christ, the only thing that could widen the gap is you getting your Second Activation.

Ted: Hehe, yeah.

Carson: Well, some of the class said hi, see ya.

Ted: See ya.

Carson leaves the room.

Ted: sigh He'd probably get more mad if I told him it was against Blake.

Ted makes a clucking noise with his tongue, Theo and Ren appear, one in a dark corner the other in the chair next to Ted's bed.

You can guess which.

Ren: Serious Ren is back. Ted, you should have been more truthful, especially with someone you trust as much as him.

Theo: A little lie like that never hurts anybody in the long run.

Ren: That is why you are seen as the stupid one. A "little lie" could tear down friendships.

Theo: Yeah, but this story isn't about the power of friendship, it's about the power of being yourself.

Ren: Friends are a part of why we are ourselves. Without us, Ted wouldn't be the amazing asshole that he is.

Theo: Yeah yeah, who cares? We'll become the strongest by ourselves and show how having friends is a hindrance.

Ted: Nah I'm with Ren on this one. Maybe I should call him and tell him the truth.

Ren: That is why I'm the voice of reason. But you should probably do it face to face.

Ted: Gotcha.

Another week later~

Ted is just chilling, his arms are still broken and he gets released next week.

???: Ted.

A somewhat feminine voice says.