How Ticks Work

So I haven't really gone in-depth about how ticks work, and I also got a cold and lost all drive to write so you get this till I'm better.

I'll start off with how they are activated.

Ticks are kinda like the If Nen was solely focused. Well, visually focused on the eyes.

Ticks are activated by coming in contact with the power of a Tick, they have multiple stages, just like the Sharingan. though unlike the Sharingan the changes visually aren't really drastic or noticeable. With the equivalent to the Mangekyou Sharingan being kinda like a reset, returning to what was the beginning, though the power has drastically increased. But we'll get into that later.

The First Activation: The beginning

The First Activation happens when a person, willingly or unwillingly, comes in contact with the power of a Tick, no matter how strong or "weak" if a person even gets slightly grazed by it they will feel excruciating pain in their eyes, though in the prologue it didn't seem like it, but the real reason Theo took over for Ted was for him to recover.

The First Activation is also when the powers come along. These powers come in one of four types:

Ocular: meaning that they enhance their eyes in some way, or do something to the mind.

Elemental: meaning they control one or more of the basic elements plus a couple more.

Body enhancing: meaning that they enhance certain parts or the whole body, usually excluding internal organs.

Summoning: meaning they summon something.

This is just the basics of each type of Tick I'll go into them each on their own later.

Anyway back onto the First Activation, these powers can get really strong or just be really strong from the get-go, though this does usually end in the user placing themselves onto a pedestal and their abilities plateauing a lot faster than others, sometimes even weakening.

They also tend to either be something entirely new or something everyone in a certain bloodline has.

And some people have had the First Activation, but don't have Ticks. So they can activate the eye thing but there is no change, great for scare tactics but horrible when someone can tell if you're bluffing.

Second Activation: When stuff gets fun

The Second Activation happens when a Tick user has an influx of negative emotions, like rage, anger, sadness, or anxiety. It's kinda like super Saiyan except instead of golden hair it's split eyes, and instead of a significant boost in power, it's a brand new ability

Once you've gone through the Second Activation you cannot use the power of the First Activation as efficiently as before.

Inergy: Did you see what eye did there?

Inergy is the energy that Tick users use to activate their Ticks. Inergy is an energy that resides within the body of Tick users, which is used to use Ticks, this energy regenerates on its own and can not be manually generated.

The way Ticks are activated is by sending a continuous flow of Inergy into the eyes. This is sometimes done without the users' will when Tick users are in danger or not in control of their Inergy.

Once someone doesn't have enough Inergy to activate or keep their Tick active it won't activate again till their Inergy reserves are half full.

Ocular types: I can see you!

Ocular type Ticks are a bit overpowered. "Why?" You might be asking, because they don't have to follow the rules of physics, and some summon types don't have to either but that's a way rarer occurrence than the number of Ocular type Ticks that do follow the rules of physics.

One of the main antagonists is gonna have one that alters your memory, and you don't have a way to counter it unless you're Ted, because Ted is technically three people and as such has three people's minds, yea I'll explain it more when it happens

Anyway, Ocular types are so strong that I can't even put it on a scale.

Elemental types: I am the master of the elements.

Elemental types come in one of the basic four and sometimes a couple more.

Fire: I never thought being dead could be so boring.

Fire types usually focus on power, how fast they can burn things, and how extravagant their attacks are, usually being over the top and kinda useless for stealth though.

Water: now we're getting moist

Water types focus on all-out battles using any liquid they can touch to their advantage, usually using what they have in creative ways. For some reason, not a lot of Water-types think about battling near huge bodies of water.

Ground/Earth: Planetary Devastation.

Earth types despite being able to destroy buildings with ease, for some reason tend to like stealth more.

Air: Skirt Flipper 2000

Air Types tend not to have a lot of Inergy and so rely on countering their opponents by taking the air moved around by them to attack, tending not to move it (air) around themselves.

Subtypes: MaybeMaybeMaybe

Subtypes of elemental types include but are not limited to, Gravity, Lightning, Magma, and Gaseous.

Now back onto the main types.

Body Enhancement types: Harder.

Body Enhancement Types as the name suggests enhance the body, these enhancements can range from simple super strength to creating new limbs that shoot lasers.

One of the minor villains is going to a B.E. Type Tick that makes his arms fucking energy swords, you guys are not going to believe how cool I am going to try to make it seem.

Summoning types: I actually don't have a funny one or a reference for this.

Summoning types are known for staying back in fights but there are a few that like to fight along with their summons.

Even though Ted is an Elemental type because he uses fire clones so much foes tend to think he is a summoner even though he's rarely seen not launching massive fireballs or kicking people in the face with fire shooting out of his calf's outside of battle.

Elemental Clones: Clone Barrage.

Elemental Clones are something most elementals can create, the only type that doesn't look like the original, even vaguely, is wind clones which are just clumps of wind made into a humanoid shape.

Water clones are clusters of Liquid with Inergy infused into them to take the shape of the one who puts it in them.

Earth clones are hard to explain so I'll just put it into the most bare-bones it can get.

dirt person

Fire clones are balls of fire molded into a person like a shape that can take one or two hits before exploding depending on how much Inergy is put into them, but I guess that last bit is kinda universal for all clones. They also take a lot of Inergy to create, making them inefficient in battle.

The Eyeless: I'm blind you ass

The "Eyeless" are people who can't manifest a Tick because they don't have any Inergy, the population of the eyeless is around 700 million. It isn't a genetic thing because the amount of Inergy someone has at birth is totally random.

The eyeless do face some discrimination but ultimately are just normal people.

In conclusion, ocular types are overpowered, and Teds using his powers in a shitty way.

Don't ask why even though Ref is the number one hero he's not recognized by the students immediately.

Sayonara
Arrivederci
Adios
Ciao
Whatever.