Chapter 21

The one where a birthday party is crashed.

So it's four days after the events of the previous chapter, and now it's Ted's birthday.

Yeah, we're just gonna skip over the possible questioning that Ted may or may not have gone through over the "disappearance" of Pro Hero: Ult Ref.

Ted: Haa, with all those guys in suits around, I can't get any time to myself.

Ren: Have you thought of meditating? We can talk as openly as we want in the MP (Mind Palace).

Ted: Maybe I should just eat then take a nap or something. Not like I have anything planned.

Just then Ted's phone rang.

Ted: The hell does Sam want right now?

Sam: Hey! Ted! Glad you finally picked up. So you wanna come down to Seb's for another tournament?

Ted: Sorry, can't. Bunch of guys in suits watching over my house. Even if I left a clone they'd know immediately.

Sam: Ah, it'll be fine, just get over here real fast.

Ted: By fast do you mean full speed? Cuz I can almost hit Mach 3 if I push it.

Sam: Yeah that sounds about fast enough. Oh! Don't forget to knock.

Ted: Okay? I'll see you there.

Sam: Gotcha.

Ted then grabbed his bag with all the stuff he usually has on him. Several preconstructed weapons that include but are not limited to, knives, guns, blunt objects, a "flare," and a singular shoe. A portable phone charger, a regular phone charger, multiple phones, and a plush toy he's kept on him since childhood make up the "non-weapons" he keeps in there.

Ren: Let's get this show on the road.

Ted: Aunt Rose! I'll be back in a few hours!

Rose: Don't be out too long! Or you'll regret it!

Ted, very scared: I won't!

Ted then, when he was a supple distance away from his house, ran full speed towards Sebastian Melodas' house, which he knows exactly where it is off the top of his head because he's there so often.

7 minutes and 36 seconds later, Ted arrives and knocks on the door, it was suspiciously dark inside.

Sam: Just open it!

Sam's muffled voice says from inside.

Ted does as Sam says and opens the door only to be temporarily blinded by the lights turning on.

The entirety of Class Z-1 minus Ted: Happy Birthday!

Ted: For me? Really? I thought most of you disliked me.

Ethan: I was promised cake, so I'm here.

Ted: Understandable. Well since you're all here I guess I can't just leave.

Julien: If you left I was gonna destroy all the presents Sam made us buy for you.

Ted: Presents you say?

Sam: Yeah, I kinda sorta threatened them with bodily harm if they didn't go out of their way to get you something.

Ted: I expected nothing less from my best friend.

Ted then noticed something, the girls, some of them were red in the face.

Ted pulls Sam's face close to his and turns away from the group.

Ted: Hey Sam, what's with the girls?

Sam: Oh that's nothing, some of them got a little excited when I said some... let's just say explicit things.