Chapter 16

The emotional one.

Hours after the last one, Ted is at home.

Ted is sitting in his desk chair looking over his homework with classical music playing quietly, it was pretty late and the soft tapping of rain on his windows wasn't helping him stay awake.

Ted: sigh Nights like these just make me wanna go stargazing, too bad it's raining. sigh Ren.

Ren, who was laying on the floor, don't ask, hops up.

Ren: Yeah?

Ted: While Theo's off doing fuck all, I kinda wanna see a world where I never met you two.

Ren: Are you sure you want to?

Ted sighs, he was kind of tired but wanted to know anyway.

Ted: I can't see his narration so I guess this one is gonna be less comedic. sigh Yeah, I'm sure.

Ren's right eye turns light blue as he and Ted disappear in a swirling blue mass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren and Ted are sitting on a tree branch watching two people argue about a son.

Ted: So I guess the marriage is still pretty bad.

A gunshot is heard.

Ted tears up a bit, he knows he couldn't save his father in his world and he knows that meddling with others would cause all sorts of things to go wrong.

He has to sit back and watch.

Soon the police arrive.

Ren: Let's go, we already know how this one turns out.

Ted sighs and stands up, he and Ren disappearing shortly after.

They appear again, watching custody over the child being given to Theo Brando(AU Ted's dad)'s sister and her husband.

Ren and Ted leave and come back to see a slightly older Ted with Pasta on his head being a goofball.

Ted: Man, I miss being that young, that naive.

Ren: Even though I've seen your entire life play out multiple times it's nice to see it from a different angle.

Ren and Ted were currently moving so fast that none of the three people in the room could see them. Same with talking.

Ted: It's weird seeing me, well, a person that's really close to being me, have such a nice life. I've only technically lived for ten years of my own. It's... a nice feeling seeing someone live theirs to the fullest.

Ren: Isn't your birthday in like two weeks?

Ted: Huh, guess it is.

Ren: If... If I die before then... I guess... I guess I wanna wish you a happy early birthday.

Ted: I- Thanks, Ren. In the event that your life is put on the line, I'll do anything in our power to stop it from happening.

Ren: Just this once, I'll allow you to hug me-

Ren is cut off by Ted enveloping his body in his arms.

Ted: I know I don't say it much, but, even though you can be a bit of a dick, you're like a brother to me Ren, and if you died, I'd probably skip all the way to the Fourth Activation to avenge you.

Ren teared up, in all his years of being what he is, only one other has treated him like this.

The two appeared back in Ted's room as to not be sighted.