Chapter 57: Home

A narrow light shined in my eyes as Caitlin tested my pupil dilation in case of retina damage. She was running all the tests possible for my situation.

Everyone on Team Flash waited along with Sara from the Legends in suspense as I sat on the table, my shirt replaced with the Star Labs sweater, fitted for comfort.

"Even though the bomb utilised a light based element, it hasn't seemed to caused any damage to your retina" Caitlin turned off the flashlight, causing me to blink away to irritation.

"From what all the test show, the Speedforce energy in your system seems to have completely protected you from the explosion, aside from minimal scrapes" She informed, testing my pulse and temperature.

"What about John?" Cait's expression trailed away from meeting my eyes, something wasn't right. I could see it in her eyes.

"From the tests we've run, he's okay... Physically"

"What about mentally?" I needed to know, it's my fault...

"His neuro-chemistry is currently reacting to whatever was used at the factory which my current theory for your perfect health is-"

"I'm a Speedster and my brain is highly accelerated in comparison" I feel like I'm gonna be sick. A rearing breath escaped as my hands dug into the thin mattress.

Caitlin packed her equipment up as I hopped off the small bed. Walking out of the medbay, Sara was the first to say anything. "From what Gideon could tell us, the weapon used was an early and barbaric bomb used by desperate Time Masters in the old era" She informed as Cisco pulled up the schematics Sara brought.

"The blast is as fast as light when it's reached a climax and erases anything within the blast radius from the timeline though Gideon tells us the reason you're unaffected is your ability to create an aura of cosmic energy thay doesn't follow the rules of modern physics. As for you Uncle's Doppelganger, he was caught in your trail which saved his placement in time"

My eyes trailed off, catching John's unconscious body, his skin pale and body riddled with small cuts and bruises.

"Any side effects?" I asked and everyone fell silent, all they could do was look at the other. "We think instead of erasing him from time, his mind was scattered through it..." Cisco spoke with a sympathetic glance.

"Can I see him?"

"Of course..." Cait nodded, gesturing me to his place of rest. Walking across the cortex, I avoided the sympathetic stares of Team Flash, it was like when my Mother died.

Only those stares, only them saying how they were sorry for my loss...

Too afraid to tell me the truth, to blame me for the accident...

Sitting down by his bed, the heart monitor granting audible ques to his pulse. "J-John... I-I'm so sorry for doing this to you. I-If only I wasn't so-" I cut myself off, choking on air.

"I was selfish and I shouldn't have ever come looking for you. Shouldn't have given you another burden... But I-I just knew that you wouldn't turn away bec-because you're you of course. The greatest man I know..."

This is so stupid, he's not even my actual Uncle so why do I-

Why is his current state hurt so much?...

"You probably can't hear me but... Move on and live a life worth living. After all, you taught me how to keep moving forward..."

Pushing away, I began to walk out, moments away from letting the dam start flooding though that's when I heard a groan. "Damn... Wh-Where am I?" His tone was lighthearted and deep, vulnerable in a sense.