Chapter 91: Scarlet Speedsters of Two Worlds

Dylan Xander's POV

The breach closed as Barry and I crossed into my Universe, our feet were the first thing to hit the grated floor of Haven Labs. Barry was more cautious of his new surroundings, yet I could feel a bubble of excitment that began growing. I could tell, he needed new scenery. 

Now in casual clothes and a backpack hanging over his shoulder, the Scarlet Speedster of another world stood up straight. His height reaching higher than mine, which was to be expected. "So, this is your Earth?..." His shoulders swayed with his body. "Yeah, Cisco have a name for it yet?" I enquired, hoping to here what number he had labelled a new Earth in the Multiverse. 

"Ah..." The older Speedster pondered on the thought, losing it as the sound of footsteps echoed along the grates that trailed out into the tunnels, where cable ran throughout the building. 

"Oh thank God! You brought the Cavalry!" Evan's presence was made known as his expression had lit up upon seeing us. "Cisco?" Barry's went high as he spun around, "Oh, sorry! You reminded me of someone" So it isn't just my imagination! Barry sees it too!

Evan practically skipped down the metallic steps, into the bunker. "You must be the Scarlet Speedster from over there!" He continued to speak in English, grabbing Barry's hand and vigorously shaking it. "It's so nice to meet another Speedster not trying to Kill me" He just kept shaking and Barry let him, not knowing what to do. 

Clearing my throat, I stepped forward. "Easy with the praise and worship, we got a job to do" Evan hummed, noticing the awkward situation he had made and stepped back. Scratching the side of his head, he choked on a laugh, making it more awkward. Something, I believed to be impossible until just now.

"Where is everyone else?" Leaning to the side, my eyes didn't see anybody follow him in. Evan's eyes moved to meet mine, they were slowly falling into a pit. "That's just the thing..." His smile wa wide although I felt uncomfortable. Raising his finger, he pointed at me and lost his smile. "We're probably about to die..." The deadpan of his expression unnerved me.

Barry opened his mouth to ask, yet he didn't get to speak as the building shook violently. The three of us used the other to remain on our feet. Us Speedsters gave the other a glance before grabbing Evan and racing out of the bunker. 

Blitzing into the Cortex, Evan stumbled safely into his chair and appeared into the middle of the room with Barry. "Who's this?" Kana exclaimed, more wary than shocked. My eyes flicked between the monitors, trhe numbers on the Particle Accelerator had changed. "How long were we gone?" I mumbled to myself, find a clock with the time. 

Only ten minutes had pass but the Particle Accelerator's Countdown had changed. We didn't have two hours, we had one. Katsuki was looming over Evan who was at his terminal, typing along his keyboard in rapid succession. 

"Dylan, I hate to say it but our problems just got worse" Kana, you just had to say it. Turning around, I now just realised Ryan was on his tablet, running an algorithm. "What could possibly be worse?" God, I was gonna regret asking. 

"Our Water Meta is back, spotted near the shoreline" 

I tried to speak, although nothing came out. My apprehension seemed to rack the team with an unease. My mind rattled with ideas, trying to find a solution. It...was too much. I couldn't breathe. "I need--" My world was spinning, I felt cornered. 

I needed to get out of here and Barry could see it. 

My body tapped into it's connection to the Speedforce, the seconds dragged into minutes and minutes into hours. My perception caused the sound of Katsuki calling my name to slur and almost stop. Lightning danced along my body, sparking frequently. 

Barry sped himself up to match my speed, I wandered to the side of the lab. Resting my head against the wall. "I can't do this..." Doubt, it was coming for me in full force. "There's no time" 

Barry's figure neared mine, his hand slowly gripped my shoulder. "Hey, just breathe" He coached me through my panic. "We still have time, don't give up"

"How can you say that? Our deadline just got cut in half?" 

"Because, it's our job not too" 

Barry's words resonated with me, it caught me in a loop. "Just breathe..." Barry peered around, noticing the world was still moving, just barely so. "Right now, we can make time" 

He was right... 

Of Course he was, he's The Flash!

Pushing off the wall, I turned on my heel. My eyes still on the countdown, watching the millieseconds pass like ordinary seconds. This use of the Speedforce was rarely achieved, I'm used to seeing the world in slow motion but only when I'm moving at Super Speed. 

This was different...

"It's your Earth, your team. Lead them" 

I stared at my Team... My friends, they had faith in me. I couldn't let them down, I can't let Denki win. This is their future, just as well as his and I'm more concerned on the now. 

.....

No POV

In the perception of the Speedsters, the world lagged behind them as they took a moment to collect themselves. For the rest of the world, including those in the Cortex, a mere second or two had passed. 

"D--Y--L--" Katsuki wasn't even halfway through calling the Speedster of this Earth's name before everyone was surrounded by two streaks of golden lightning, rocketing around the cortex at impossible speeds, one of them even having time to leave the room and return. From one side of the cortex, to the other quite a few times, to the terminal and all the way to the workshop and back, the two compiled a plan of action. 

The two skidded to the middle of the room with a transparent whiteboard, the surface coated with scribbles and ideas the two had bounced off the other in the short time frame that had passed. "Okay! Here's what the two of us have put together" Dylan cut in, tapping the white marker against the board. 

"You did all that in--" Evan looked at the Countdown, too stunned to speak. "Six Seconds" Barry conveyed, surprised on the speed the two just showed, unknowing the they were both acting as a Kinetic Siphon to the other. Similar to when he used Jay Garrick's lightning to gain speed to throw the Philospher's Stone that Savitar was using into the Speedforce, months ago. 

"You Freaky..." Evan trailed off, his brain not able to comprehend anything about the Speedforce at the current moment.

Dylan nodded, almost ignoring Evan's quirks as he didn't want to lose the flow. "We know the Accelerator will blow soon and from Ryan's scans, we know we can contain it for the most part. Now, moving the Meta-Humans will be tricky but Nagato is on Earth-1 fashion Power dampening cuffs. Evan, with the shortage in time, I'm hoping you can assist in helping" 

"Um...I'm the man!" He forced enthusiasm, slumping off his chair. "While you work on the cuffs, I want Ryan to handle locking down the Pipeline so we don't nuke the city" My eyes met Katsuki, "He's gonna need some extra muscle" I didn't believe it was good to let Katsuki put himself in danger but I needed all hands on deck. 

"Tsk, I'll get it done! Who else was gonna do it!? Twig Arms over here?" 

"Hey! I'm working out!" Evan whined. "It's a slow process..." Mumbling, the nerd began collecting his notes before heading to his workshop. "Kana, I need you working on a sedative for the Metas in the Pipeline"

She pressed a button on her keyboard, bringing up a chemical compound. "It's a hybrid compound of Ketamine and Methohexital, our Meta-Humans should remain unconscious for the entire trip to Earth-1. Although, I will need some time to finish the compound in my lab" 

"What about us?" Barry posed the question in which I was quick to turn around to face my suit that was in the middle of the cortex. "We're gonna catch water which sounds stupid now that I say that" Tonight was gonna be a long night. 

.....

Quick and Rapid Upload?... No Way, I just had consistency! That's impossible! Lol