Chapter 37: Man Behind The Mask

(Dylan's POV)

Kaminari... The man behind the mask was Denki Kaminari... He stood there, merely 10 metres away with a shit eating grin. His features were more matured, he as older, probably in his twenties or something...

"Y'know... I'm so relieved that you figured it out..." He started his monologue but I wasn't having it. "Why! Why do all this!? We're friends!" I called out with anguish and betrayal running deep within my core. "We were friends... Really good friends... That was a long time ago... Well, for me that is" 

"Why aren't we friends? What happened between us?"

"In the future something happens, shit goes down and I'm left to suffer for it... I'm here to make you suffer for what you did!" He yelled in rage. "Pursuit is fast! He's smart! He so fucking perfect! No! I know the truth! You're blinded by your need to help everyone that you couldn't even help somebody we cared about!"

He stepped forward with a limp, "The Speedforce made the wrong choice! I was better to have this power! You are a fake!" I shook my head, this didn't make sense, "But you're also a Speedster!" I protested. He shook his head, "No... I wish... The power you possess... There is nothing like it" He seethed. 

"You get everything! You get a good life! You get Friends! You get family! You even get fucking love! Not this time..." He said in a sinister tone with his yellow eyes brimming with dark insanity. I stepped forward with an angry stare, "What do you mean 'not this time'?" My hands were shaking. He chuckled...

"I guess that family one is lacking..." With an furious dash, I charged into him. Slamming him into the side of a building with my eyes glaring holes through him. "We all know that you're too scared to love after losing both Mommy and Daddy" He said in English. I lightning punched him across the face twice, making him fall. As he fell I grabbed his hair and kneed him in the face. 

Using my speed, I flipped him and drove my elbow into his gut, causing him to land harshly on the ground. I grabbed him and punched him three more times in anger. "That's it... That rage I remember... The one you hold inside..." His English was fluent. His words were like taunts that urged me forth.

"You're done... You're not hurting anyone else ever again" I told with a shaky fist. "Look out" He said and before I could react, there was a flash of white lightning as I was thrown away. I recovered to see two of him. Kaminari pulled a syringe out with a red liquid inside of it. The clone disappeared as he injected himself. 

He yelled out in clarity as his lightning rushed around him, turning blue and white... "Yeah... that shit hits the spot" I ran towards him, he barely reacted as I reached for him. I was able to grab the syringe from his hand but he kicked me away. 

"You can chase me or you can save your precious Best Friend and Bakugou... Can't forget about him... You never could let him go" 

I heard a loud crashing sound in the distance, making me face the crater. "Make your choice, Dylan... You can't catch me and save the day... You're not that fast...yet" He flashed away and I made my decision. Moving with Superhuman speed, I made my way towards the crater where the No.1 was fighting, where my friends were. 

As I arrived, I instantly witnessed Rien and Katsuki cornered by several members of the league. 

Using the element of surprise and speed, I rushed into the fray, quickly knocking three of the villains on their asses. The person with the magnet took a stance in which I started circling around them. 

Lightning and Magnetism... 

I threw a bolt of lightning at the magnetic pole, the energy zapped through the item and electrocuted the villain. "Rien... Get out of here" I said as I stopped running. "H-How do you know my name?" I turned to her with my vibrating features. "It doesn't matter... Get out of here" She shook her Head. "I-I... We can't get awa-"