Chapter 92: Race Against Time

Dylan Xander's POV

Catching water, oddly enough that isn't even the hardest thing I've ever done as Pursuit. The team was readying themselves for a transfer of our Meta-Humans that were locked up in the Pipeline. "Listen, keep the breach open for us to bring in Walter and come back to the other side" I informed Evan as I passed over the extrapolator. 

He caught it, "We won't let you down"

A nod was shared between us, as I faced my suit that sat on a mannequin. I felt Katsuki's presence grow near, his broad build slipped beside me. My eyes found his, "Gotta run"

"Tsk, go shit stomp that Water Bitch. I'll handle booting those freeloaders downstairs to another Universe" His confidence in his skills was an inspiration, he has only been involved in this new world quite recently, yet he conquers his concerns with consistency. 

Turning my head to Barry, "Ready to go?" He posed the question, ready to change into a more fitting attire. "Wait! You're not gonna do hero work in that, are you?" Evan pointed at Barry's casual attire. The Scarlet Speedster of Earth-1 grinned with amusement. Pulling forth his backpack, he pulled the zipper across, creating an opening for everyone to look into. 

The first thing we all saw was a white crest with a golden lightning bolt in the middle. 

"Oh!... That is so...dope!" 

The monitor showed the Live News, where a reporter was shown by the bay. Their explanation of the situation que us in on what we were walking into. "Dylan, facial recognition shows Walter Lion dragging Tamari Kazuk into the street before disappearing within a torrent of water"

"Looks like he's trying a new target since it didn't work out so well last time" 

"Let's go" I said to Barry, zipping towards the mannequin and out of the Cortex at Super Speed, with Barry trailing closely behind, each of us keeping pace with the other. Rocketing through the city like two blazing fireballs, we made our way to the active warzone. 

"Barry! You go right, I'll go left! Get the people in flashy attire out of the way, they don't know what they're up against" I informed him of the first part of my plan, making sure Barry knew that heroes of this world aren't like the one's we've worked with in the past.

"On it!"

We crossed paths, blitzing the shoreline from two different angles. The scene was surrounded by flashing lights from the police and various Heroes who were probably on patrol when Lion attacked. 

Taking a wide birth, my speed carried me through the chaos. The sand erupting as I passed by along the beach. My swift movements were enough to slip people out of harms way. Heroes and Police alike were moved towards the solid cement where the beach would usually start. 

My eyes found a large mass of amorphous liquid that swirl violently. Within the mass, I caught the sight a young woman. Her face pale as she struggled to hold her breath. Not waiting for her to drown, I quickly changed directions. Heading straight for the body of sentient water. 

As I neared the Meta-Human's liquid form, I sent my molecules into a state of excitement to begin phasing between the molecular bonds of Walter Lion's new form. I pushed forth through the obstacle, my lightning generating a small charge that spread along the surface of the water. Merely a second passed when I reached Tamari, the mechanical genius that used to work with Walter. 

My hand reach her as did the kinetic charge of the Speedforce, which spread to her body. My Speedforce aura wrapped around us as our molecules were now vibrating at the same frequency and velocity. Extracting her was simple and quick as I burst out from behind Walter's gargantuan mass. The liquid took on more of a human shape. The head seemed to gain feature that screamed viciously towards his behind.