Chapter 2: Different

This can't be happening...

Why is this happening...

I was currently on the floor, the pounding if my extremely fast heart rate was hammering against my chest. Kana's voice fell on deaf ears, muffled by the overwhelming panic my body was experiencing.

Dad is dead...

Hasashi is dead...

W-Where is Dr. Nagato? Where is Rien?!

.....

After almost an hour of calming me down, my head felt heavy, sudden movements were not conceivable at that moment.

"C-Can you please explain what happened?" I needed to distract myself from grief. Dad used his work when Mom died, I used my schoolwork.

"Sure..."

Kana sat next to me, Even pulled up the data. "On the night of the Particle Accelerator, it turned on. It worked for all of 5 minutes. When the accelerator blew, it unleashed a ton of unknown energies. Anti-matter or Dark Matter"

The screen showed how the energy was released like a pulse. It looked like a blast wave.

"Those are all theoretical" I stated with a raised eyebrow. "Well... Not anymore"

I was taken aback. "We accidentally punched a hole in time and space, opening a... breach in both laws of the universe" How the hell did we do that?

"That energy shot into the sky, it mixed with the clouds, which in turn-"

"Generated a lightning bolt that struck me..." I looked at Kana and Evan with a worried frown.

"When you were in a coma. We ran a few tests. You were affected by the lightning bolt. We don't know how much. But... your heart rate is beyond the average human, you obviously have some form of cellular regeneration, have you noticed anything else?"

I had more energy...

I just didn't know how much...

"Oh... I used my quirk on you. Which was simple, to him a brain is like an organic supercomputer. But... I don't think I have ever seen anything think so fast. I had to stop instantly... Like, it was overwhelming"

I started to stand up, my body felt stronger. "Where is Nagato?" I wondered. They frowned, "Dr. Nagato is in a coma. He has no higher brain functions. But... there are times when we can see his brain reacting to variois stimuli"

Damn...

My hand quickly rubbed my face, "And Rien?"

"She is completely fine. She is currently attending her first day at U.A" Holy crap! "That would mean..." 

"You've been out for nine months. Uh... Happy late 16th birthday..." Evan jested to lighten the situation. "Rien visits you and her father everyday. She has been staying with somebody who you can trust" Is that where I'm gonna stay?...

"Let's get you something to eat, then we can deal with everything else," Kana said, patting my shoulder. We stood up and walked out of the cortex, towards the lounge. We wandered into the room, it was a spacious area, for the purpose of taking a break. "Here... You must be starving" Evan passed a bottle of soft drink and a bag of chips. 

As he threw it, everything seemed to slow. I saw the objects fly through the air at a crawling speed. My eyes wandered, seeing everything slow. The birds outside, their wings flapping with a perceivable speed. The flickering of the light also slower. The sound of everything surrounding me was stretched. 

The food and drink were snatched out of the air on reflex, easily catching the items. Then everything returned to its natural velocity. The birds sped up, along with the sound shortened, making the vibrations and frequency back to its normal pitch.