Chapter 65: Stalemate

Dylan Xander's POV

Dashing through Haven Labs, my body tearing across the halls as I made my way towards the Pipeline.

On my way, Evan was knocked to the side by a passing wind, where I received a loud yelp as he dropped his hot pocket.

With no time to spare, I flashed into the pipeline where an open, idle containment cell was waiting. Aggressively releasing my hold in Denki, he rolled, crashing into the wall with a rough impact.

Without slowing down, my hand glided over the console, sealing the door.

I didn't want to hear what he had to say at the moment, I didn't even want to look at him. My distain was obvious, I wanted to pummel his head in but I held myself back.

Is that bad? That I want so bad to hurt him? To make him suffer?...

I suppose when nothing can stop you from doing something awful, the harder it is to resist. To rise above the Humanity within you.

With an uneasy sigh, I disappeared with a whoosh and flash of lightning.

Once again, Evan let out a scream as I appeared next to him in th cortex. Not batting an eye, I wandered to the middle of the room so the team could see me.

"Dylan, we weren't expecting you today. I-I thought you were taking the day off" Ryan stood by the desk with a tablet in hand, along with reading glasses on.

Shaking my head, I placed to the side. I was a mess, I won the fight but it feels like I've lost at everything else.

"I caught him..."

"Who?" The dumb question urked me but I didn't snap. "Surge, he's in the Pipeline. He was just...waiting for me at the house! We fought and I couldn't let him hurt John if he came home so I-I-" I couldn't keep up with my thoughts.

Nagato stood up, slowly approaching. My knuckles were split in a few areas, mostly healed but still small cuts remained.

"Dylan...Slow down, Okay... Just tell us what happened... Just breathe" My eyes found his concerned yet caring orbs. I gave him a nod.

"He knows where Denki is but he won't open up, it's obvious..."

"Dr Nagato could Vibe him" Kana suggested, raised her brow with a optimistic grin. "But if he's from the future then there is no reason why we can't assume Surge has placed safety guards for that" Evan said, leaning back into his chair.

"I'll talk to him, again" I said, nodding to myself. We had to do this, there was no other way. Torture is out of the question.

"Call John, tell him what happened" I said, no looking back as I made my way towards the Pipeline. Everything felt like slow motion, the hammering thump of my heart as it banged against my ribs, the individual footsteps, every breath that entered my lungs.

All of it felt louder...

Tightening my knuckles into a pale white, I pushed through the urge to avoid my problems and stepped into the Pipeline.

The darkened light had cast as shadow over my face as I crossed my arms. Observing the unconscious Pseudo-Speedster.

Not caring about his feelings, I pressed the terminal, the button that was coloured blue. As soon as I did, an inaudible frequency was released into the room.

Surge's eyes snapped awake, his expression full of shock and unease. A loud scream escaped his throat as he glared in my direction.

The inaudible sound was an accelerated audio that only a Speedster can hear. The glass between him and I is protecting me from the noise.