Chapter 24: Swamped

As expected, my night was a long one. I finally go home around 3am, because Evan wanted some help with a new suit design, while Kana ran more tests on the evidence that I found. I ran the evidence data, with the Haven Labs database, while using the satellite to look for any high energy spikes in the city , as well as Dark Matter readings.

I also told Kana and Evan about what I saw on the way to City Hall last night. The image of me running beside me was troubling. But they reassured me that it was probably a mirage from my speed.

A speed mirage if you will...

The facial recognition scanner was also looking for our Meta-Human. I felt bad for the guy but I was also curious on why the Speedster wants him. So many questions to be answered. But I have a feeling that the more questions that are answered, the more questions we will gain.

Evan and Kana were gonna meet me at the lab around noon for some training. We haven't had the chance to address the fact that I threw lightning. That was something that needed testing...

I was peacefully sleeping in my bed on the weekend, my snores were soft and my blankets were pulled up for the warmth under the covers. That was until my covers were stolen from me by a fully awake Rien. Who was smiling in cheekiness and excitement. I groaned in protest but her hands grasped my shoulders and shook me violently.

"What?" I tiredly questioned with irritation running wild in my voice. "Come on! You said that you would help me study for my exams. Yaoyorozu is holding a big meet up at her house and it would mean the world to me if you showed up"

A yawn escaped from me, "Okay..." I saw the time, it was 7:37am. "When do you need me there?" I asked with a more alert tone. Rien smiled, "Yes! Be at Yaoyorozu's house by 5pm. Bakugo will be there..." She wiggled her eyebrows and I groaned in dismissal, slamming my face into the pillow. Her giggle was heard and I really wanted to run her to the edge of the country but I resisted the urge.

"I'll send you the address. Bring a spare bag of clothes. Yaoyorozu said that you could stay over with the class because your big brain would be helpful"

"Oh... So, basically... You're using me to get better grades because you're an idiot" I said with a sly smirk which she gasped in dramatic shock. "How dare you... I'm not an idiot! Just challenged in the education department" My eyes rolled in exasperation when she walked out of my room, "Remember... 5pm, don't be late"

"Yeah! I got it" With a excited nod, she walked out of my room, leaving me in relative peace.

.....

After about 2 hours of sleeping, I woke up in a rush. My clock was set for 8:30 to wake me up with my alarm that played the song, 'Wake Me Up'

But I woke up an hour late. With a rush, I flashed around my room. Being careful just in case Rien was here. My clothes were on quickly and I ran out if my room at human speed.

My loud arrival caused a yell of surprise and a loud thinking sound. I ran past the living room downstairs to see Rien helping a flustered Midoriya off the ground.

"Hey! How you doing?!" I called out as I buttered myself some bread and placed cheese on them. Placing them in the sandwich press with record time. "Uh... H-Hey, Xander... How are you d-doing?" The shy greenette asked as the love birds walked out of the living room with their hands in other's 

"I'm running late" I answers as I watched my food grill, my foot tapped with record speed as well. "Geez... When aren't you late for something?" A soft glare was pointed at Rien. "Little rude for little miss princess who need to do her hair, make Up, shower, get changed three times before her boyfriend shows up"