Chapter 35: Blink of an Eye

(Dylan's POV)

I don't know what hit me harder...

The fact that my best friend and... And Katsuki were missing...No! Kidnapped... Or the fact that I wasn't there to stop it. How am I supposed to be a hero when I'm not there!? 

As soon as I received the information, I ran out of the house like a human lightning bolt, Nagato was a wreck... He was panicked and unstable. Constantly running algorithms to find his daughter. The night that everyone was brought into the hospital, John had to cancel his date, well they both did. 

One is a Detective while the other is a doctor who was treating the injured. Before John could try and tell me that it wasn't my fault Iida had been brutalised, that it wasn't my fault that Rien and Katsuki were taken. I did the only plausible thing in my mind. I just ran...

All I did was run...

On the first night, I only ran... Moving full speed in an aimless direction,. burning the endless hate and rage that filled me as I ran to the other side of Japan and back. Just to scream all the possible hate I could. Every single criminal I found regretted what they did that night. 

.....

When the morning came, two days after the attack, I ran to the hospital to check on my friends. As I walked in with my legs moving on their own, I saw Kirishima, his expression said it all. But I think mine shook him to the core. "H-Hey, Xander..." He averted his gaze. 

"Hi... You okay? How's everyone?" I asked with haste, "They're fine for the most part... Jiro and Hagakure are in comas from the gas... Midoriya is in a coma from his injuries and Iida..." He swallowed his saliva, "Whatever that Speedster Freak did to him... Its really bad" I nodded with a stern expression. Hold in the pain, the anger...

That's what I did...

"Alright... I'm headed out to find these assholes..." As I turned around, I saw Todoroki. "I wouldn't advise that... From what Nagato tells me, you don't have a quirk and no experience with these kinds of things" I gritted my teeth and glared. "Todoroki... What are you doing here?" 

"I could ask you the same thing?" He replied monotonously. "I-I couldn't just stay at home!" Kirishima said with conviction. "Same..." the Bi-Coloured teen responded. "Hey guys..." Kirishima started with a low tone, his eyes peering towards the ground. "I'm planning on going on a rescue mission... Are you in?" he wondered. 

I frowned... I could probably do more as Pursuit then as Dylan Xander...

"Come on... Dylan... They took your best friend... They took Bakugou and you've had this really special bond with our group..." Kirishima was right. It'd be suspicious for me to decline. "I'm in" I said without wavering. 

"Once again, I believe you should stay out of it... I mean no offence but you'll get in our way" Todoroki... Shut the fuck up...

"If anything, you'll only be in my way..."

My temper slowly rose as I stepped forward.

"I'm coming with you... Besides, I know this won't be sunshine and rainbows... I work in forensics, I see shit that would make you puke on a daily basis... I'm not new to psychos hurting people I care about" I won't let their names join the growing list of people taken from me. 

"What does that mean?" Todoroki questioned but I ignored, "Nothing... You wouldn't understand" I grumbled as I looked at Kirishima. "I'll get what I can from the Precinct... You handle to ground work" I said as I walked out of the hospital, but as I left, I saw Kaminari. 

He sombrely smiled, "Hey, Brainiac... How you holding up?" I sighed at his question, "I'll be fine... Don't worry about me" I honestly didn't care for his pity or counsel. I walked by him, taking a sharp turn down an alley before racing away...