Chapter 68: Inflaming Emotions

Stepping into the Precinct, I wandered forward, my eyes catching nearly everyone that wandered through.

I don't know what it was, I felt this buzz. Like I could do anything, like nothing could stop me...

Licking my bottom lip, I strode into the elevator. My hands in my pockets after a tapped the next floor. The doors closed as a few more people stepped in.

The ride was slow, how do I bother taking this piece of shit everyday? I shook my head of the thought and waited in silence.

Taking a glance at everyone in the small space, I've never once told anyone that when you look at people when they have no time to move.

You can see what crisis they're in...

A ding reached my ears, signalling my release from the boring interior of the elevator.

Brushing through the small crowd, not paying any more attention to them. I wandered through walking space, towards the stairs to my lab.

Although, interrupting my travels, two officers came through with a some thug. His arms bound with cuffs.

"Shouldn't you be in home with Mommy, little boy?" For some unknown I smirked, my eyes scanning over him. "Shouldn't you be in the Third Grade, Douchebag?" I responded, taking a shot at his poor grammar and linguistic skills.

My eyes stared towards the thug with a cunning aura, his rage bubbled up as he lurched forward. His intent was hostile and mine...

I didn't really give a shit...

Before anyone could reached, my fist reached his face. The sickening crunch of his nose was heard by only me as I experienced the moment for a prolonged period of time.

Retracting my hand before any blood painted my knuckle, he stumbled back, nose crooked and split at the base.

"You-you fucking broke my nose!" He whined, his hand attempting to stop the bleeding.

Tch...Next time I'm break your le-

"Dylan!" My gaze snapped to the side as my uncle came rushing out of the office space. My expression must've put him off as I honestly wasn't looking for another lecture.

"You alright?" His concern almost made me laugh in his face. Am I alright?...

"You know I've taken bigger" I boasted quietly and John glanced around for anyone listening in.

So paranoid... What a drag...

"Whoa, take it easy. Don't want you to have a stroke, Old Man" John eyed me for a moment, shaking his head as the officers hauled the thug towards his cell.

My Uncle scratched his beard, "Can we talk? I private?" I practically blew out air from the tedious environment I had been dragged into.

I gestured ahead, my hand lazily pointing in the direction of my lab. "Lead the way"

Taking one more moment to look at me before walking towards the stairs. "Xander" I glanced to the side to see Shota Aizawa.

I stopped along the steps, looking beneath me. He has such a punchable face, I could probably do it before anyone could realised what happened.

"Yes dear?" I responded, grinning like a smartass while my Uncle nudged my arm, giving me a warning glare.

"I want everything you got of Pursuit, including the files on people he has saved" Letting out a elongated breath, I just walked up the stairs.

"I'll get on that" When I find the time to care about what you want, Aizawa.

John guided me towards the lab, pulling the door closed for some privacy. We stood in silence for a moment before he placed his hand on my head.