Chapter 100: Homecoming

No POV

The authorities converged before the charred shelter of the Homeless, paramedics, police, firefighters and Pro-Heroes alike all put in the effort to ensuring the safety of the nearby civilians.

Hide and Uta sat by an ambulance, a blanket wrapped around their shoulder yo combat the chill in the winter air.

The whole securing of the area lasted until the sun began to peak over the horizon. Leading Japan into a new day.

The Police tried their best to receive eye witness statements from everyone who was involved, at least those who were of legal age.

Leaving Hide and Uta out of the questioning.

Away from the group, Yume kicked a stone across the pavement. Her face was smeared with blackened ash, as well as a small gash that was been tended to by paramedics.

The lonely woman kicked another stone, as it skipped along the ground, her eyes paused as a foot casually stepped on it.

Halting its momentum.

Her gaze trailed up, analysing the dark ripped jeans and the charred and worn Vans.

Moving further up, her questions as to who was interrupting her solitude was answered as the black denim jacket of her deceased friend wrapped around the likes of the newest stray.

"I thought you'd already run back to your high class society, Hero" Yume teased combatively, finally meeting the gaze of Dylan Xander.

Dylan turned his head, amused with her opening. "Well, I can't leave without saying goodbye"

Rolling her eyes, Yume crosses her arms and leaned against a van. Dylan knew nobody was looking, nor able to hear them due to the chaotic occurance around them.

His hand was gripping a bag strap that hung on his shoulder. "You back at full strength?"

Glancing at his free hand, he analysed the chain of lightning that subtly arched across his skin. Humming, the Teenaged Vigilante grinned. "Yeah, I feel, better than usual to be honest"

The vibrant golden yellow energy of the Speedforce fizzled into a fleeting spark as Dylan dropped his hand by his side. Raising his sea green eyes to meet Yume's gaze, he gave a bittersweet grin.

"About Hide and Uta-"

"They're my pro-" She attempted to interrupt but Dylan was faster to his point.

"If their powers become too much, you know where to find me. I can teach them control"

Yume scoffed, her cheeks dusted a light shade of pink from embarrassment. "Should've known you'd be the Good Samaritan"

Amused by Yume's temperament, Dylan couldn't stop the edges of his lips rise to briefly show his teeth as he glanced away.

Scratching his growing beard, the American Foreigner gave the crowd of homeless people one final analysis from a distance. "Tell Hide and Uta that I had to get back, for me?"

Humming, the elder of the two crossed her rather muscular arms. "Oh, and I almost forgot" Upon hearing his bag thud against the pavement, Yume faced Dylan who was in the middle of pulling the black denim jacket off. "Thanks for letting me borrow this, Hide told me how important this was"

"Wha-No! Just...Stop" Yume fumbled with her words as she aggressively gestured for the young Hero to stop. "Fucking Hide..." She mumbled under her breath.

Taking a breath, Yume grabbed her fist with her other hand. "Aki was..."

"He was a real pain in the ass" She chuckled sorely, it wasn't so much a physical pain but a emotional anguish. "I don't...usually know how to show...compassion"