Chapter 30: Opposites

A few hours after Kana reset my shoulder and my frostbite had completely healed, I was allowed to walk around. "Tsukauchi is scoping out the Museum and said he would call me if or when Snart showed up" John said as he walked into the cortex. 

"You alright?" He asked me, "Yeah... Just beat" 

My uncle huffed in amusement, "You'll get back up... You always do" Perhaps, but that's only because you taught me how to. "I need to beat Snart... He is an issue and everything with Surge and the whole other life... Its so much" My hand rubbed my face. 

"Dylan... You decided to do this... Your choice. As much as it scares me when you run out there, you have always come back" He walked up to me, "God, I'm so proud of the Man you've become" We had a comforting silence, that was until the alert sounded and John's phone rang. "Tsukauchi? What is it?" He asked with haste. 

Nagato clicked the screen and looked at me, "Snart" They both said. With a deep breath I looked at my suit and flashed into it. Rolling my shoulder, I pulled the cowl on. "Dylan... You sure about this?" Evan wondered. "Yeah... I gotta do this" 

"Not without this!" Kana ran in with an injector, "What the hell is that?" I leaned away from the piece of equipment. "This is what I would call a biochemical thermal formula... Basically, inject Snart with this and he will be feeling the heat" I nodded with a smile, "Nice work, Kana" She handed it to me. "Go get em" 

I flashed out of the cortex and towards the national Museum, I ran down the street to see the entire road covered in ice. I ran past a flipped over car, to see and almost unconscious Tsukauchi. Within a few seconds, I pulled him from the wreckage, placing him against a wall. "Pursuit?..." He whispered. 

"I'm here, detective... Call for backup" I flashed into the Museum, having to immediately avoid a stream of frost. "Its over Snart!" I called out. He huffed with a smirk, "Really?" I ran towards him, but as I did, I noticed four other people in masks. 

They fire their guns towards me, forcing me to change direction. "I thought you worked alone?!" I yelled out from behind a pillar. "I guess I changed my mind!" He fired a stream of frost towards me. My body rapidly progressed around the massive foyer, avoiding the artefacts and projectiles. I rammed into one of the armed gunner, causing them to tumble. 

Soon enough, everyone but Snart was on the ground. "There... Now, you're done" I said with a stern voice. He tilted his head with a smirk, "Really? All I see is four Hostages" He fired ice spikes towards his crew. I rushed to the closest one. Pulling them out of the way. 

As I pulled, I grabbed a handful bullet casings and threw them at the next closest spike. This gave me the time to moved to another spikes, grabbing it out of the air, throwing it to the other spike. 

My movement halted in the middle of the room to see no Snart. "Guys! Where did he go?"

"Uh..." Evan stumbled with his words. "Atmospheric Pressure and Air Temp dropped drastically outside of the building..." Nagato informed.

I flashed outside to see Snart look back with a smirk and a explosive mist of frost appear before he was carried away like a slide of ice.

My body ran forward, taking chase.

He moved like Frozone from the freaking Incredibles movies.

I ran through the streets, he slid overhead on his slide of frost, while I ran after him.

My body shifted up the side of a building and took a leap to the other side of the street to avoid his spontaneous ice blasts.

"Where the hell is he going?" Evan said through the comms as I blasted through the sound barrier. Building after building pasted by as I ran, the lightning trailed flared with a new found intensity. "Times up, Pursuit" Snart leaped off his ice slide and his hands were instantly coated in a misty fog. He unleashed a wave of ice, the sharp spikes protruding from the wave were heading towards me.