Chapter 102: Call To Action

Dylan Xander's POV

Twiddling my thumbs, I silently moved my eyes from side to side as I followed Rien paced around her room.

I revealed myself rather quickly, ensuring that I wasn't seen by any cameras or people.

Sure, I got a life leeching hug as she tried to drag me into the ground but immediately after, my arm received a machine gun barrage of punches.

It just so happened to be on the arm Katsuki had struck before.

Ignoring the pain, I not so patiently awaited the lecture I was about to get. "Do yo-"

Her finger extended towards me, shushing me into silence. "So, you lost your powers after summoning a Demon from the Speedforce and it is now your job to stop it?"

"Well, yeah"

Rein exhaled a powerful sigh, "Why can't we just let it--and I hate to suggest this but--" My best friend took a moment to cross her arms and face me.

"Let this...Death Racer...take Surge away?"

Lowering my gaze, I gave a deep frown. "I don't know why but...I have this...sinking feeling that if we let it go on a rampage on Surge, it won't just take him away"

Raising her brow, a mixture of perplexity and concern wove itself onto her face. My eyes met her with a sense of seriousness, "It won't just take him, hell, it won't just kill him either"

Rien sat herself next to me, her hand gently grasping mine. Giving it a firm squeeze, my head hung low. "What makes you think it'll do something worse?"

"You haven't stared it in the eye"

Composing myself, I stood up to pace around. Like Rien was not so long ago. "It's like...Death incarnate" Scoffing at the notion, it felt almost humorous.

"I know it sounds-"

"Biblical? Crazy?"

"Yeah" I muttered, agreeing with her. Although, it didn't change the pit I felt when I thought about that Zombie Speedster.

My hands fiddling with one another as my eyes were glued to the carpet of the dorm room. "I need to stop both of them and without Ryan or anyone else, I'm kind of spread thin" A burning sensation rumbling in my gut as I spoke his name.

I let him down...

"Can't you call, Barry Allen? That other Speedster?"

Shaking my head, I quietly answered her sound idea. "No... Barry has enough on hus plate with Savitar and Iris...and, honestly we're both kind of everywhere at the moment" Scratching my head, I tried my best to brainstorm.

"What about Green Archer Guy?" She proposed.

"Green Arrow, Oliver? No, he won't be much help against an Undead Speedster with no feelings" As much as I respected Oliver for his skills and the type of person he was, I had to admit the truth.

Besides, I don't think I want to bring somebody from their Universe or Timeline to help save mine.

"How about the Kryp- The Cripe? Ah, Supergirl?" Rien's voice raised in pitch as she struggled. "Kryptonian"

"Thank you"

I hummed, rubbing my messy growth of facial hair as I pondered. "We can't bring anyone form other Universes"

That's when my best friend's eyes glistened bright with an idea. "No" I dismissed quickly, not liking the wide grin grow along her face.

"You don't even know what I'm gonna say"