Chapter 70: Reputations

Det. Jonathan Parkinson's POV

It took nearly ten minutes for my body to move, every attempt was futile as I sat against the wall.

It wasn't until my hand could finally reach for my pocket, pulling out my phone I called Dr Nagato.

I received a quick answer, "Chris, it-it's Dylan-"

"We know, he's been infected by the Meta from the bank riot" Nagato was frantic, his voice alarmed as notable commotion was heard from the other end of the line.

"We need to stop him from Killing Aizawa or worse" I finally pulled myself off the floor, my arm ached from Dylan's previous hit.

Stumbling through the precinct, I grabbed my jacket and proceeded to run for the elevator. "Not to point out the obvious but Ryan can't stop Dylan on his own"

"I know, that's why I'm going home to get something to help us out. In the meantime, I need you to find a way to reverse whatever that bitch did to my nephew"

Silence proceeded to come from the phone. "Chris" I demanded his attention. "We'll do what we can but Dylan with his morals is a fierce for, I can only imagine how difficult he'll be to takedown"

Oh, I know... Better than anyone else...

He's just like his Mother in the regard.

"I'll call you if anything happens but keep an eye out for U.A. Aizawa will most likely go there" I deducted Dylan's possible thought process.

He just came from the Lab and Precinct, so those places are out of the question. Knowing Dylan, he won't just attack without some preparation.

So the team can watch U.A while I go home, hopefully I won't need to do what I'm thinking of.

Rushing outside, Nagato and I hung up the phone. My keys were swiftly injected into the ignition and twisted.

The engine roared to life as I impatiently pulled out of my parking space and onto the road. Receiving various sirens and beeps from other drivers.

Aggressively tearing off my tie, my free hand gripped the steering wheel as if my life depended on it. Sweat poured from my temple, gliding down the side of my face, getting caught within my beard.

What felt like forever, was truly fifteen minutes as I cross into the suburban outskirts of the primary city.

Driving over the speed limit, I swerved into the driveway, haphazardly pulling the keys out.

Leaving my jacket, I ran for the door. The door opened and I rushed in, leaving the door ajar.

"Where is It?" What I was looking for was the device Dylan got after he visited the other Earth place. Some guy named Cisco, I think it was built it.

"Come on!" I rammed his bedroom door open and began rummaging through his stuff. First his desk, then the closet.

I even looked by his bed, I couldn't find it. "I thought you'd come looking for it" My movements stopped as I heard his voice.

Dylan, it came from behind...

Turning my head, Dylan was positioned by the door, leaning on the frame. One hand in his pocket while the other held up a small metallic device.

The shape circle like, wired with a blue core that gave off a dull illumination in the dark space.

"Kiddo... You're not thinking straight" I attempted to ease closer to him, hands up and held towards him. I couldn't win this fight. No Gun or Quirk would change that.