Chapter 75: Idle Hero

Rein Nagato's POV

The class all sat in the common space, all staring in disbelief at the screen. The storm had been the work of Leonardo Snart and some new Meta who can control the Weather, they were calling him something stupid like Weather Wizard due to his unidentifiable features as the News crew couldn't get a good look at his face.

I saw Bakugou frown when he saw Ryan appear in his suit, we both waited in suspense for Pursuit to arrive but he never did. Even at the end, when Ryan was getting beaten to the ground, I was fuming at the ears.

Bakugou clenched his fist as his other hand gripped his knuckle, resting his chin as he leaned forward on the couch. The class was in awe at the power of Meta-Humans, they were too strong for ordinary heroes and Ryan didn't have the training or practice that other Metas have had.

The last thing the reporter mentioned was how Pursuit never showed up, adding to the dread that hung over us. Yes, my classmates, were furious about what happened but most were reasonable, guessing that Pursuit wasn't himself.

But...Izuku was kind of blind to the possibility, he's been researching Dylan's powers like he's a threat because of what happened to me. In my opinion, he's scared, One For All was supposed to be the strongest Quirk next to All For One but next to Meta-Humans it doesn't feel that way, especially against a Speedster with a connection to the Speedforce.

My train of thought was broken as the reporter spoke once more, "The two Meta-Humans responsible for this catastrophe have proven too powerful for ordinary quirk wielders, No.1 Hero, Endeavor has made it obvious that nobody can be at a place in time but last time I checked there was a Vigilante who's specialty was literally moving at impossible Speeds. In the past week society has lost trust in the Scarlet Speedster but in the end, one question remains... Do we still need Pursuit as a first line of defense against Meta-Humans?"

I honest truth, we need Dylan...

As much as it scares me to put the pressure on him, we need Pursuit to be a Hero, just as much as I need Dylan Xander as my Best Friend. Looking a Bakugou, I could tell he begrudgingly thought the same thing.

The class was soon to disband, Kirishima, Sero and Mina all move off to continue their search for ways to find Kaminari, they couldn't sit back and watch anymore and honestly, it's killing me to keep lying to them. To know that Denki isn't coming back because of an evil version of himself was keeping him hostage.

Bakugou must have realised that by now, living with this secret was taking a heavier toll that Izuku's and he needed somebody to share that burden, to know that he's not alone. He'll be pissed that I knew but maybe deep down it would make him feel somewhat better.

As everyone disbanded, I found the time to walk up to Bakugou. I was instantly met with a hateful glare that could kill if given the chance, his ruby seas dug deep, he was hurting. More than I thought he would.

"Tch, I'm not in the mood, Vibrator" He blew me off before I could speak, already taking hs first few steps away. "Bakugou, wait a sec" I rushed behind him, trying to get his attention but he was slightly taller. The way he walked lacked his original fire, it was a walk somebody does when they have nothing better to do, where you have no energy to even live.

I'd know, I've seen it happen to Dylan, they're so stubborn...

"I said fuck off, why are you so annoying?" He suddenly snapped, hand bursting free from his pockets as his palms sparked. "I-I just wanted to talk to you about what happened with Dylan" The mere mention of his name made him shift uncomfortably.

"Did he tell you that I dumped his ass? Huh?! Make me out to be the bad guy!? So what if I a-"

"Just shut up, idiot!" I snapped back, loud enough to shock him for a moment that allowed me to get my next words in before he continued barking at me. "Listen, I know everything and he doesn't blame you for what happened" I said, my eyes giving him a sincere look. Bakugou rolled his eyes, scoffing at my words. "You sure he's tellin' you everything or are you just enacting your shitty role as a mindless best friend?"