Chapter 30. Running Back Into You...

To the love of my life, you mean the absolute most to me. You're everything. You are perfect. You're the most amazing woman any man could ever ask for, and I thank God for you. My love for you are words that cannot be articulated. And I don't think I'll ever have the correct words to describe my love I have for you, Netty. My heart beats for you only. But today is your day, and I want to wish you a happy birthday. I pray you'll be blessed to see many, many more to come.

Love always, Michael

Ps, you chose the perfect pictures. These are utterly stunning.

**********

**********

You give me butterflyz
Have me flying so high in the sky
I can't control the butterflyz

**********

April 2, 1991

Back in the studio, Dawnette, Michael, and Teddy were working on a song that Geena had inspired Michael to write after her passing. He hadn't forgotten about it of course, but it was always there lingering in the back of his mind. So when he finally had the chance, he recorded himself singing the very lyrics that Dawnette had recited for him on his tape recorder. As said previous sessions ago, Andrae Crouch was called and asked to feature his choir on not only Keep the Faith, but Will You be There as well. Since working with Michael in 1987, he couldn't turn down the offer and in no time, brought in a few members of his mass choir to sing background vocals where they were needed on both songs, which were recorded in this one session they were doing today.

Speaking of features, Michael had so many ideas running amuck in his head that he had the idea to feature their children on one of his songs for the album. He knew it'll be a great idea and they'd have a lot of fun being in the booth for the first time. But that wasn't the last feature either... The subname 'Closet' he had written for this particular song he had drafted, he wanted for Dawnette to do the spoken poetry for. It was one of the songs he could not forget about because he definitely wanted her on it. Knowing how she could be and thinking her voice wouldn't be needed, Michael was going to bribe her into it if he has to. He and Dawnette on a record together would spark a lot of talk only because when people hear it, they are going to want to know who the woman is that is speaking throughout it. And with her wanting to work on her own music, it'll help with exposure as well.

Not that she couldn't get any being a producer and songwriter for other artists for the last couple of years.

Now that they all listened to the play back of Keep the Faith-which Michael actually liked the third take of-Teddy calls for a break after Andrae and his people bid everyone a goodbye before leaving. As usual, it was just Dawnette and Michael to their lonesome. Secretly, they enjoyed it.