Chapter 25. Running Back Into You...

3:19pm

"Mom, I'm d-dying. Look at m-me." Geena voice says weakly and hoarse, staring at her mother with tears in her eyes.

After her surgeries she had a couple weeks ago, everything seemed to have been going fine, but a week after all of that and going through treatment daily, and a new diagnosis and x-rays, it was as if her health was deteriorating fast. Come to find out, she had another tumor hiding but this one was so malignant, it was so bad that if Dr. Hendricks goes in and operate to remove it, Geena could instantly lose her life.

Just. Like. That.

Battling her breast cancer was one thing, removing the first tumor was another, but this one that was hidden was the Russian Roulette to her life. As of now, her time was definitely winded down from seven months to a matter of weeks to just a month. Twenty-seven days to be exact. The news crushed her heart so bad because she had high hopes of at least getting a little better to spend as much time with her daughter or at least see her if she was to be bedridden for good. Now this happened and she was an emotional wreck on top of that, dying.

As much as she didn't want it to be done but she needed to see Giuliana as much as possible now that her days were severely numbered. Maybe, tomorrow will do just fine. She just needed to contact Michael and inform him of everything.

"Geena, stop..." her mother closes her eyes briefly to control her own tears then reopened them, "just stop saying that. Please?"

"I'm sorry mom, but it's true. I'm fucked up in all kinds of ways here. Dad died of the same issues. A tumor on his brain that couldn't be removed or else he would have died, but instead, he went with the operation anyway disregarding our wishes and I'm falling in line right behind him along with my cancer that just wanted to come back and ruin my life once more and this time, for good. I have a daughter I'm trying to stay strong for. I know I've made a lot of mistakes and done a lot of people wrong and I'm accepting my punishment from God and willing to leave this Earth at his command. I just need to set some things straight with a few people first."

Her mother stared at her confused, not knowing much about her daughter's personal life besides the fact she was married to Michael Jackson for two years. She never knew in depth of how everything was between them or even the reason why they've divorced in 1989 after having her granddaughter. Gloria met Michael every so often but still didn't know him well enough as she would have liked, but she knew her daughter was close to her in-laws and stayed away from her, obviously on her own terms. But, she made sure that her grandchild was around her grandmother at all costs no matter what.

"What do you mean, Geena? With who?"

"The Jackson family, Michael...and Dawnette."

****************

9:44pm

Today's recording session went very well and quite faster than usual but a lot was done. Michael had finally finished recording Will You Be There with the help of Andrae's choir who came in and took the song to church. Michael felt the spirit and it was as if all his prayers had been answered. He had his son, and he had Dawnette back in his life and nothing could ruin the high he was on.

Everything was the way he wanted it for the first time ever.

As of now, he was in the SUV with his now sleeping daughter resting her head in his lap. Dawnette had left the studio minutes before he did to pick up their son from her parents and so that they could meet up tonight at her home. He couldn't wait. But before all of that, he did receive a phone call from Geena's mother, Gloria about her health situation during his break.

According to the news, it wasn't looking too good right now and Geena wanted to see their daughter as soon as possible. Michael asked and asked what was going on, but Gloria insisted that it was best that Geena tells him what was going on herself. Truthfully, hearing her tell him that made him nervous as hell and he just didn't know how to react to that. He felt left out once again, but he knew in the back of his mind, that he will eventually find out, which is why Gloria said it was best if he came tomorrow if possible to visit and have a talk. Of course he'd agreed to it and think it was time for Giuliana to see her mother once and for all, especially now that things seems to be getting worse than he'd expected.