Chapter 1. Running Back Into You...

Burbank, CA; Thursday, February 25, 1991

Dawnette was in the kitchen getting her son, Kyan's lunch together, putting everything in his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lunch bag. Speaking of her son, he was in the livingroom of their home watching cartoons as he waited for her to get done. It was 7:16 in the morning and she had to drop off Kyan at school for 8:25, and, then, be at work for 9:30.

Being that the elementary school wasn't far from the studio, she would make it to work on time. Once she is done with packing Kyan's lunch, her cell phone starts to ring, vibrating on the kitchen counter.

She picks it up, looking at the caller I.D. before answering. She rolls her eyes at the name flashing across the screen of her iPhone 6. She let it ring five more times before she decides to answer.

"What?" She says into the phone, annoyance now evident in her voice.

She really didn't want to answer the call being that it was her ex-boyfriend Lucree, whom she dated for almost a year until their terrible break up last year; eleven months to be more specific. And, ever since then, he's been trying to get back with her for the longest, which he should have known was never going to happen.

Not a day in his life.

After being cheated on multiple times, she wanted out of her hell hole she called a relationship. Being single was best for her and also for her son. She just wanted it to be just Dawnette and Kyan for once. Relationships just wasn't going smoothly for her. Maybe she just needed to be single for a while and enjoy the single life.

Enjoy being by herself without a man being in it to fuck it up by cheating. She was tired of being heartbroken. Very tired. Trust and believe, she have already had her share of heartbreak five years ago. There's never a day that goes by that she doesn't think about him even after the heartbreak.

She wonders if he thinks about her too.

Probably not.

Like, what is she thinking? The man is happily married and probably have a family of his own by now. Of course he isn't thinking about her....or maybe he is. But, what he doesn't know is that he has another family as well she didn't contact him about. She had her reasons. Maybe one day she will. Dawnette was pulled back to life the moment she heard Lucree's deep voice speaking through the phone.

"Baby? Are you there?"

"...Yes, I'm here and don't call me baby. I am not your baby. Remember that, please. Anyway, why are you callin' me?"

Yep, the annoyance in her voice was back. She knew exactly why he was calling her. She just wanted him to say it so that she could tell him off for the two-hundred and millionth time. It never gets old. She is starting to think telling him off over the phone isn't working because he doesn't seem to think she is serious about not getting back with him.

Maybe, just maybe, she needs to see him in person and do it and he'll most definitely see how dead ass serious she is. Yeah! Maybe she should do that and the calls would finally come to a stop once and for all, giving her much relief. He's really annoying the living hell out of her.

"Well..I'm pretty sure you know why I'm calling, but I really want another chance with you, like, I really do. I promise on my life I won't fuck it up again. Dawn, I promise. Please give me that chance." He desperately begs her.

Does he not know how much pain and heartache he has caused her? Does he not know how many times she's taken him back only to be fucked over again and again and again? Does he not have any shame in that? It seems that he doesn't.