Chapter 24. Running Back Into You...

Encino, CA; Hayvenhurst Compound
10:58pm

Michael and Bill made conversation about all that had occurred between him and Dawnette an hour ago. Just her name alone put a huge smile on his face and Bill couldn't be more happier for his friend or as he should say, 'son'. He was glad to see the two working towards making their relationship better for the sake of their son and most importantly themselves.

Finally, they pull up through the gates of Hayvenhurst and parking the SUV in front of the mansion of the round-about. "I'll be out in a few, Bill." Michael tells him, opening the door and stepping out onto the concrete.

"Take your time, son. I'll be waiting."

Michael nods. "Okay."

And with that, he shuts the door and begin to make his way to the front door. Already knowing it was unlocked being that he called thirty minutes prior to his arrival, he walks right inside, gently closing the door behind him and make his way through the huge foyer and into the family room to see his mother lying down on the sofa with the television softly playing Sesame Street. His daughter was out like a light, resting her head on a pillow with a throw covering her petite frame and he waltz his way over to her, bending down and placing a soft kiss to her forehead. She stirs a little but settle back in place, still asleep.

Michael moves over to his mother and kisses her cheek followed with a hug. He grab her hand in his and pulls her up to her feet. "Let's go talk, mother."

She follows her son leading them both to the dining room that wasn't too far from the family room. That way, they could hear Giuliana if she awakens. Michael pulls out a chair for her and she takes her seat and he does the same on the other side of the table.

He takes in a deep breath before speaking. "Look, mother, I know I have a lot to explain to you tonight and I also have something very important to share with you."

"Michael, all I know is that Dawnette is back in California and no one told me a thing besides Janet and Ana who just so happened to have met her at your home. You two been in contact?"

"No, Dawn and I just came in contact at Ocean Way two-three weeks ago where she works with one of the producers I'm working with for my new album and she's helping with. I invited her and..." Michael takes a pause to rest his elbows on his thighs for what was about to come next from his mouth. He did not want his mother to look at him any different than what she thought of him all his life nor Dawnette.

"Michael, Dawnette and who?" His mother asks him sweetly.

"Mother, there's some things I have to share with you but I'm going to be very detailed but so brief with this and I'm afraid you may look at me differently as well as Dawn but just know it wasn't her fault. It was all mine."

"Son, you're scaring me now. Just tell me what it is."

Michael stared into his mother's eyes which wore a hint of concern and worry in them. "After Dawn and I ran back into each other and settled our differences to work professionally together, she invites her son one day to one of the sessions. He's four. Just turned four this year and... and...he's mine. We have a son together, mother..." He takes another pause and continues, "I'm so sorry if me telling you this is breaking your heart and going against your beliefs. Dawnette and I had relations for about a year from 1985 to '86. After I told her about my engagement to Geena, she upped and left without a trace. I never knew when she left and I just found out about him last month. Ana has met them and she adores them both. I know I've messed up by telling you this because this was going on while I was dating then proposed to Geena and either one knew of the other. As I said before, it's all my fault so please, mother, do not fault Netty over this."