Chapter 13. Running Back Into You...

Michael stood there like a statue as he watch his baby sister and Dawnette hug for the past minute. He smiled at how Janet was so happy to see her. Hell, even he was himself. He looks down to the little boy standing next to Dawnette, his son Kyan, being as quiet as ever. So quiet one would think he never talks. This made Michael smile grow even wider seeing him. It was their day to announce him being his father and for them to spend time together.

The only problem to that being somewhat short-lived is the fact Giuliana will be coming over to stay with him for the time being because of Geena having some health issues. That means... another announcement of relations and Dawnette finding out he has a daughter. No one never knew he had a daughter because he kept her from the spot light he was in twenty-four/seven. Only his family, close friends and people of his entourage knew.

Of course.

He couldn't do that to his baby girl and have her bombarded by his fans and paparazzi. As for Kyan, the same will be done to him as well. Michael just wants his children safe. Two of them he has now. By two different women. If the world knew about what he did, they sure would be looking at him a whole lot differently than before. He wouldn't be that upset because he's not perfect and he make mistakes just like any other normal person in this world. Just being known as a goody-good, no one would have expect for him to do such things like he did five years ago.

Once again... he's not perfect.

He never was and never will be.

"God, it's been so long, Dawn." Janet says with a big smile on her face as she pulls away breaking their hug.

Dawnette just smiles, elated to be in her best friend's presence. She couldn't argue with that. It has been long since they've seen each other. By Janet living in New York now, the only thing that was suitable fort them was phone calls. Every time they wanted to meet up somewhere and chat when Janet would visit California, it would always be bad timing because Dawnette would be working. And she works a lot.

But she's happy to have ran into her now. Janet still looked the same just a bit smaller in size now. Janet had some weight on her back then and always had those cute chubby cheeks, which reminds Dawnette of the nickname she'd given to her years ago.

Chub-Chub! She thought to herself.

"I know." Dawnette tells her. "I'm glad to see you..that you're here."

Janet smile falters and she sighs, "Yeah, but, I was just heading out. I came to see Mike and he told me you were coming over today..." Her smile reaches her lips again, "but since I will be here for a couple more days 'til I head back to New York, we can most definitely set up a lunch date just me and you. Sounds good?"

Dawnette was a little upset upon hearing that Janet wasn't staying at Neverland. She wish she could have but she had to remember that today was Kyan and Michael's first day together, so she didn't want to ruin that. But she would have enjoyed the company just in case Michael wanted some alone time with their son. But hearing her mention she was still going to be in L.A. for a couple more days made her day even better.

"Oh, yes. Yeah, that will be perfect...."

Janet nods her head and replies, "Great. And uh, I assume this is the famous Kyan you told me about?" She looks down to Kyan speaking to him. "Hi, sweetie."

Being very timid around people he doesn't know, Kyan gives a small wave to his 'aunt'. "Hi."

"Dawn, he's so cute. He looks just like--" She stops her herself before she says something she shouldn't but gives off a knowing look to Dawnette.

Dawnette just nods her head agreeing. It was obvious that Janet knew that Kyan didn't know he was related to her yet, which was fine. She wasn't upset about it. But today he was going to when he finds out about Michael being his father. She just hope things go well for them, especially since Giuliana will be coming over.